cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default gateway??

N/A

default gateway??

Just trying to setup my new router. need to tell itwhat my ip is, my subnet mask is and what my default gateway is.

Just wondering, how do i find out what my default gateway isHuh

thanks
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

default gateway??

If you are talking about the PlusNet assigned IP address (i.e. the WAN side of the router), then you don't need to configure it. Just set everything to server assigned and it will be set automatically. That is how most routers are setup.

What router do you have?
N/A

default gateway??

Your default gateway is the IP address given for the connection from your router to your home network. Normally, DHCP would assign this automatically.
N/A

default gateway??

netgear dg834

i am trying to set it up so i can host came and people can connect by IP, so i need to disable DCHP

so i need IP, Subnet mask and default gateway.

is the gateway my router IP?? or is it one of the DNS serversHuh :S
Community Veteran

default gateway??

So this is for your PC setup and not to configure the router.

IP 192.168.0.X (you chose X)
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
gateway is IP of your router (i.e. the ip address you use to access it via the web setup) which would normally be 192.168.0.1

If you are still using DHCP for any other PC connected to your router you must adjust the start/end IP addresses for DHCP in the router and assign an IP outside of that range to the PC which is not using DHCP. i.e. set DHCP to use a start 192.168.0.2 end 192.168.0.99 and you use 192.168.0.100 for the PC.