cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

d-link g604t router with modem, help i cant set up adsl

N/A

i have4 a g604t modem an router, but i cant conect to adsl, the ethernet works fine, when i try to set up a ppp0a i using my username and password and putting vpi=0 vci=38, it does not want to conect to the plus net adsl. please someone help me get my broadband im paying for!
2 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Are you using the correct settings of gareth01892@plusdsl.net for username and your plusnet password
N/A

Replying Ivan

Hello gareth01892,

Here's a suggestion to you, try to setup your new router the other way around, bye that I mean. Start off with just setting up your ADSL Broadband connection first without any other devices connected to the router. So configure the router to connect to ADSL & PlusNet & then once you have that successfully working make a note of all your settings in the routers config & save the settings in a file such as a plain .txt file or word file.

Once you have a working BB connection via the router then try connecting all your other machines or networked devices or printers on your LAN or home network, see if that makes a difference I have a feeling it might? try it what have you to loose anyway.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
The True power of knowledge is when its shared.