cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

costs for upgrading

N/A

costs for upgrading

Is it Me, or am i right in thinking that to have to pay £29.99 to stay with Plusnet is fair?
I am currently on a 512k package (an old package and not now available) and want to upgrade to either a 1mb or 2mb package.
I will be charged £14.99 to upgrade to a higher speed and an additional £14.99 to change account type.
I can accept one charge of £14.99 to upgrade speed as i have been told this is acharge that BT make.However to have to pay an extra £14.99 when new customers can move for free, seems to be taking advantage of existing loyal customers to subsidise new.
6 REPLIES
N/A

costs for upgrading

I totally agree as I was in very similar situation a few months ago when moving from surf type acc to full premier 512K.
Initialy PlusNet wanted to charge £14.99 + £14.99 (admin fee + change of the account ) due to the old account type not being availableHuh
After logging tickets and receiving differrent answers from PlusNet I ended up paying one off fee of £14.99.
I think PlusNet should get their act together on this as the competition is closing in, to charge twice for users who are bringing more revenue to PlusNet is just not fair!

rgds
Dan
Ianwild
Grafter

costs for upgrading

It does depend on the product you are moving to. There are costs involved for us when you move from a new to an old product. If however you are choosing the Premier option on your new 1MB or 2MB product, and staying on the same contract period, the price is just 14.99.

If you are making a change which reduces the amount you pay us, we would regard this as a downgrade and as such we won't subsidise our own costs like we would with an upgrade.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

costs for upgrading

Ok, fair enough.
However in both cases mentioned it was question of an upgrade rather then downgrade.

rgds
Dan Wink
N/A

costs for upgrading

Thankyou for your comments.I have raised many points with customer services about this issue and don't seem to be able to get any consistency with the answers given, except that they want £29.99 to change.
Still undecided what to do and still think loyal existing customers are not getting as good a deal as new ones
N/A

Premium payment to upgrade

I too, have been in touch with plusnet to upgrade and was given the answers above. However, I paid a startup fee to BT in addition to buying equipment from plusnet when I took up the 512k package!! Can the upgrade fee be waivered in light of this seeing as new customers are joining for free and I feel as many do that we are supporting this free sign-on
Any further comments Mr Wild?
regards kb
N/A

costs for upgrading

Only migrations are free, and this is a special offer rather than the norm, New activations are still full price.