cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant disconnects

N/A

constant disconnects

figured id ask here cos itll be christmas by time i get a reply off these guys

keep gettin disconnected always between 8:30-9pm no big deal but when its every day its startin to annoy especially if im gaming at the time

so any ideas anyone? anyone had this prob and god forbid actually had an answer?
4 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

constant disconnects

Could be noise induced on your line by something that comes on at that sort of time-- maybe a street light or some similar culprit. Try seeing if you can figure out whether something in or close to your house comes on at the time in question
N/A

constant disconnects

This has been happening to me ever since I signed up about three months ago. If the connection is on it drops any time between 20:30 and 21:15. If it isn't on and I try to connect after 20:30 it tells me that there is No Answer and the DSL light just flashes.

I have had an outstanding query with PlusNet for over three weeks.

If I leave it the connection comes back some time after midnight.

Therefore I can't use the system at the time when I most need it.

I have also been asked if it coincides with any electrical happening within the house but I can't think of one.

All in all a very frustrating and unsatisfactory service, not to mention a complete waste of money.
shellsong
Grafter

constant disconnects

It certainly sounds unlikely to be anything to do with PlusNet's side of the connection (not that that's any consolation) so it could happen even with a change of ISP

It sounds like it's something happening somewhere between you and the DSLAM in the exchange and unfortunately that leaves a lot that can go wrong

If you can rely upon a fault to occur under a certain set of conditions (like within a certain time period) it makes it easier for an engineer to track it down, so perhaps BT might be able to do something if PlusNet can prod them on your behalf
N/A

constant disconnects

My connection went off earlier today and it just won't come back on.
Fed up now, tried to contact customer services was on hold for 82 mins and still not answered, just not good enough.