cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection

N/A

connection

Hello. I am desperate - probs since november problem now is cant connect to web unless my phone is in use or modem connected direct into BT socket. I have renewed all equip. modem, leads,5 microfilters, telephone .I think its BT line but they checked and said line ok . Any ideas would be grateful regards peter.
Sad
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

connection

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Community forums. I've moved this to the Broadband Help forum as your more likely to get some assistance in there rather than it drop off the bottom of the Community Support forum.

Chris
N/A

connection

many thahks chris.
N/A

connection

Have you tired unplugging everything apart from your DSL equipment -no filter?
If it works happily then plug one thing in at a time with one filter at a time...
Have BT mentioned REN to you?
N/A

connection

Thanks for suggestions but problem solved after bt saying my line was ok bt engineer been out today and fixed fault on the line cheers
N/A

Lost connection

Hi

My laptop lost access to broadband just before Christmas, I can't access my emails or the internet - I use a wireless NetGear router which has been checked by a colleague and its fine. My BT line is also fine and am able to use my telephone and dial-up account without any problems. Have tried to contact customer services but waiting times are awful and don't really want to wait til after 10pm!!

Does anyone have any suggestions/can help?

Thanks

Jo
Community Veteran

Re: Lost connection

@houghtonj

Contact via the ticket system if you don't want to wait on the phone.
Here's a link to the "contact us" section. "contact us"
Make a new query and follow the wizard. (Make sure you allow popups whilst you do this).
N/A

Re: Lost Connection

Hi Ian

Thanks for the advice - however this takes you to the Fault Checker page, which I have already visited and unfortunately get only so far with because you need to be using your broadband connection - and mine isn't working!!

Any other ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks
N/A

connection

Jo (houghtonj)

May I suggest you open a new thread (start a new topic) in this or the Wireless Broadband forum?

Your post in this thread is what I believe is sometimes seen as "hijacking" the thread. I know it seems like you've got a similar problem, but it's actually a different issue to moonshadow3636's. You'll get help specific to your problem if it's seen in its own right.
Community Veteran

Re: Lost Connection

you need to be using your broadband connection - and mine isn't working!!

Oh sorry Jo, I wasn't aware of that. I assumed your dial up would get you through!
Perhaps you would be best biting the bullet and hanging on that phone then.

Or maybe you could get some joy by sending one of the PN COMMS team a PM?

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help.

-----------------------------------------------

ske1fr >MOD wannabe. Tongue Wink j/k
N/A

connection

ske1fr >MOD wannabe. j/k

MOD no wannabe. ske1fr = trying to be helpful. MOD's may not aways be around when I'm taking a break from work. You know work, it's that thing we supposedly do during peak hours...Wink
N/A

connection

Hey chill out people's!! Thanks both of you for your help so far - have posted it as a new topic though as advised!! ;-)