cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection??

N/A

connection??

I have installed adsl today.i can access a few pages but after about five minutes, if i try a new website i have to reconnect.
any ideas?
Is it likely to be my settings or just a fault?
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

connection??

Do you have the Splitter / Filters installed correctly?
N/A

connection??

no idea John!
Followed the instructions that came with the plusnet modem, and now having this problem.
I just plugged the splitter in the phone socket and connected the modem cable.?
Any more help would be appreciated.
Community Veteran

connection??

If you have just one phone then that should be Ok.
If however you have other telephones or any other equipment that uses the phone line then it all need to be isolated from the ADSL circuit with one or more filters.
N/A

connection??

Thanks John

Can't do that straight away because of 2 phones and sky tv. But i have disconnected them just to see if that helps. Shouldn't take too long to check because i haven't been connected for more than five minutes!!
Community Veteran

connection??

Right this is almost certainly your problem.

In a day or two a new forum section will be appearing and amongst the contents will be a tutorial among others showing you how to use filters to ensure that various combinations of phone wiring are correctly covered by the Filter / Splitters.

This should help anyone who needs some guidance with this aspect of ADSL.
N/A

connection??

Very detailled tutorial it is, even if john says so himself Smiley
N/A

connection??

Works fine now that i have disconnected one of the phones. Guess i will just have to buy one more splitter.
Thanks for your help John.
Community Veteran

connection??

Before you dash out and buy another splitter hang on a couple of days for the tutorials to appear on these forums.
If you arrange your wiring you can possibly get away with just the one Filter / Splitter.
All will be revealed in a day or two when the new forum appears Wink
Community Veteran

connection??

But if you do intend to buy a splitter, don't whatever you do buy one of the cheap ones that come with the PlusNet starter packages. Get yourself a good one!

Thomas
N/A

connection??

Yeah, I made that mistake. Found some for something like £1/each. None of them worked (out of about 5).