cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problems

N/A

connection problems

I've been having this problem for a while now, and wonder if anyone can shed any light on it.
When my computer is on and conncted, all is fine, at the end of the day I switch of the computer. In the morning, when I switch it back on it starts O.K. but doesn't connect online, I usually have to re-start, and usually have to use system restore before it will connect, sometimes I have had to do this two or three times before it will connect.
This morning, it has taken me an hour and a half to get connected! I have used system restore about 6 times, and re-started about 4 times in between before finally getting a connection. I was putting this down to a problem with my computer, but is it?
or is it a problem with +net I wonder?
I am using conexant pci modem with amd 1800+ and windows XP.
Ken
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: connection problems

What pci modem?
Connexant?Huh
N/A

> What pci modem?
> Connexant??

Well thats the connection software. On the box it says Annex A. It's the one suplied by plusnet with self install pack.

ken
N/A

> > What pci modem?
> > Connexant??
>
> Well thats the connection software. On the box it says Annex A. It's the one suplied by plusnet with self install pack.
>
> ken
>
-------------------
If System Restore gets you going again then it sounds like a driver issue. Perhaps the driver you are trying to use has an older signature than XP's own and XP is overwriting it with a duff one?
--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
N/A

> > > What pci modem?
> > > Connexant??
> >
> > Well thats the connection software. On the box it says Annex A. It's the one suplied by plusnet with self install pack.
> >
> > ken
> >
> -------------------
> If System Restore gets you going again then it sounds like a driver issue. Perhaps the driver you are trying to use has an older signature than XP's own and XP is overwriting it with a duff one?
>
> --
> Come on Boro!
> http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
>

I am having driver problems too, but not as bad as yours. I was getting the system resetting of its own accord (very distressing). I am on XP on an AMD with the A220 PCI set-up from Plusnet self instal too.

I have removed all of the ADSL devices, un-installed everything and then re-installed from scratch. I expect the system to crash at any time as I have not replaced anything. Unfortunately, the drivers are not Windows signed and I have not found any signed ones yet. Does PlusNet moderate this site? If so, do you have any proper drivers for the cards you supply?