cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problem

N/A

connection problem

I have a d-link dsl 504 router, i was connected to plus.net yesterday. I entered all the necessary router information like VCI and encapsulation but when i go to connect it says in the connections status box: physical line error. Does anyone know what the problem is and how i resolve it. I have checked that all my lines are firmly pushed in. Please Help Kirsten
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

RE: connection problem

> I have a d-link dsl 504 router, i was connected to plus.net yesterday. I entered all the necessary router information like VCI and encapsulation but when i go to connect it says in the connections status box: physical line error. Does anyone know what the problem is and how i resolve it. I have checked that all my lines are firmly pushed in. Please Help Kirsten

Kirsten

I am using the same router and I can replicate your problem by disconnecting the cable from the splitter to the router.
This would suggest that somewhere the line is broken getting to the router.
You say you have checked that all the plugs are firmly home but have you tried pulling them out and then pushing back home a few times?
You can get bad connections due to tarnishing of the contacts on the connectors and this may rub it off.

John