cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection keeps dropping

N/A

for the past 2 days my connection keeps dropping, according to the modem it loses its adsl synch.

the only way to make it work for a while is to make a phone call.

EVERY time i make a call out the line stabilises and works for approx 10mins or so, I thought this was a coincidence but it works every time now, so just before i posted this i made a call to get the line up.

it has been with support now for a couple of days but wondered if anyone here had any ideas or similar experience?

thanks
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Either your line has developed a fault or one of your filters has become dodgy.

Have a read at these tutorials for info and diagnostics

ADSL Troubleshooting
Wiring and filters

Having followed the tutorials and tested and eliminated all issues with your equipment, raise a ticket outlining your problem and the steps you have taken.

If you have any further queries, dont hesitate to post back.

let us know how you get on.
N/A

I am having the same problem. I don't know whether making a phone call solves it or not because I don't make outgoing calls on my landline. Switching my router off and on again solves the problem though. The weird thing is the lights on the front of the box don't indicate that there is anything wrong.

Its starting to become really annoying.
N/A

thanks for the replies, i raised a ticket 2 days ago but still waiting for tests to be carried out.

changed the filters, took out the filters connected directly to master socket, changed the modem/router, all the cables, tried a different pc, called BT and had 2 line tests - I am running out of ideas and hoping that PN can come up with something but I guess I must be somewhere in a long queue with them (chased twice but they cannot give me an estimate of when they will test my stuff).

Told them about the phone issue but they don't seem to interested, but then they are the experts so I am in their hands.
N/A

I have the same issue of dropping connections.
I have changed everything from filters to net work cards in the pc the last think i have changed is my wireless router. This has improved the service i am getting but even now i am still getting random disconects but not as many.

After the whole BT wholes sale page fault which turned out to be a plusnet issue this new issue has prompted me and i have decided it is time to leave to get a service that works.

There are too many pages on the forum with this same connection dropping issue for it to be anything other than a plusnet problem.

Pipex are doing a Xmas special which works out to be just as good as the deal i am getting here so time to go, just waiting for my MAC number
N/A

Re: connection keeps dropping

for the past 2 days my connection keeps dropping, according to the modem it loses its adsl synch.

the only way to make it work for a while is to make a phone call.

EVERY time i make a call out the line stabilises and works for approx 10mins or so, I thought this was a coincidence but it works every time now, so just before i posted this i made a call to get the line up.

it has been with support now for a couple of days but wondered if anyone here had any ideas or similar experience?

thanks

you'll get used to it after a while
the first month is normally the worst :!:

(sorry for the cynicism but it's been a frustrating weekend on the internet front!!)
N/A

Well touch wood, whatever work was carried out this afternoon might have sorted out the problem.

My connection has not dropped once tonight. Cheesy

Here's hoping.