cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection freeze?

N/A

connection freeze?

Dont know what to call whats going no but from time to time over the last two days keep I cant surf ANY site not just UK. Im able to ping around my network and sometimes able to ping the PN default gateway. All other sites and or IP's never ping.

Reset router fixes the problem but isnt desirable for an always on connection!!!
the reset gets or changes the gateway and pri. dns
Default Gateway: 195.166.128.53
Primary DNS Server: 212.159.13.49

ideas?
5 REPLIES
N/A

connection freeze?

Sounds like a similar problem i had with a D-Link router. Not sure if other routers have the same kind of problem but go to your router manufacturers website and find out how to upgrade the firmware... that's how i cleared the fault on mine and so it may help your too.
It's worth a try at least.
N/A

connection freeze?

It is an ongoing DNS problem that has been raised many times before.

Change your DNS to 212.159.6.9 + 212.159.6.10

See how that goes.
N/A

connection freeze?

thanks dellik but ive had the router for 4ish months without connection problems. So ruled that out when changing the gateway fixes the problem.

woooshuk. The router in question is a linksys wag54g and so cant override assigned gateway addressing. So i'll keep an eye on PN forum and information. I'll also try and remove the routers DHCP to limit the gateways i'll pickup.

Thanks for the info.
N/A

connection freeze?

have you tried connecting to the router using hyperterminal? rather than web login.
normally, there are settings on some routers that you cant access unless you use a terminal proggy on port 23....
you can di it from your existing computer and when setting the properties of the terminal connection, dont choose a com port, choose the tcp/ip connection instead.

also, if you can change things, swap the gateway number for your ip addy number and see if that works.

if your ip address is diferent, your router may be bridging to a plusnet gateway, rather than utilising the router as your own gateway...
N/A

connection freeze?

thanks but a wag54g doesnt have a telnet daemon so fully controlled though its web interface. I'll have to wait until PN fix there systems as it would seem I cant do anythign about it.

on a plus note.
I havent had the problem this weekend so it might have been fixed!!! Have to wait and see.