cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection drops

N/A

connection drops

My connection drops every now and then, which is a bit irritating. I have the ADSL/USB starter pack. Any advice would be appreciated please!
Many thanks.
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: connection drops

I also get disconnected, but this only happens when the phone handset is picked up. I have raised a ticket with Plusnet tech support and they are on the case. I also use the USB modem.

Kawal

My connection drops every now and then, which is a bit irritating. I have the ADSL/USB starter pack. Any advice would be appreciated please!
> Many thanks.

N/A

> I also get disconnected, but this only happens when the phone handset is picked up. I have raised a ticket with Plusnet tech support and they are on the case. I also use the USB modem.
>
> Kawal
>
> My connection drops every now and then, which is a bit irritating. I have the ADSL/USB starter pack. Any advice would be appreciated please!
> > Many thanks.
>
>

Erm i too get cut off when my phone rings ive tried both microfilters and still the same problem..

N/A

> > I also get disconnected, but this only happens when the phone handset is picked up. I have raised a ticket with Plusnet tech support and they are on the case. I also use the USB modem.
> >
> > Kawal
> >
> > My connection drops every now and then, which is a bit irritating. I have the ADSL/USB starter pack. Any advice would be appreciated please!
> > > Many thanks.
>>

> Erm i too get cut off when my phone rings ive tried both microfilters and still the same problem..
>
>
Mine just drops connection randomly, nothing to do with the phone ringing; I have just removed one phone and I havn't droped a call for over an hour!

N/A

> > > I also get disconnected, but this only happens when the phone handset is picked up. I have raised a ticket with Plusnet tech support and they are on the case. I also use the USB modem.
> > >
> > > Kawal
> > >
> > > My connection drops every now and then, which is a bit irritating. I have the ADSL/USB starter pack. Any advice would be appreciated please!
> > > > Many thanks.
> >>
>
>
> > Erm i too get cut off when my phone rings ive tried both microfilters and still the same problem..
> >
> >
> Mine just drops connection randomly, nothing to do with the phone ringing; I have just removed one phone and I havn't droped a call for over an hour!
>
>
My connection has dropped more and more recently and this has nothing to do with the phone or calls incoming, get your act together plusnet or else im off elswhere.
N/A

> > > > I also get disconnected, but this only happens when the phone handset is picked up. I have raised a ticket with Plusnet tech support and they are on the case. I also use the USB modem.
> > > >
> > > > Kawal
> > > >
> > > > My connection drops every now and then, which is a bit irritating. I have the ADSL/USB starter pack. Any advice would be appreciated please!
> > > > > Many thanks.
> > >>
> >
> >
> > > Erm i too get cut off when my phone rings ive tried both microfilters and still the same problem..
> > >
> > >
> > Mine just drops connection randomly, nothing to do with the phone ringing; I have just removed one phone and I havn't droped a call for over an hour!
> >
> >
> My connection has dropped more and more recently and this has nothing to do with the phone or calls incoming, get your act together plusnet or else im off elswhere.
>
I have removed the phone that was sharing the filter with the modem and the problem is cured!

N/A

> > > > > I also get disconnected, but this only happens when the phone handset is picked up. I have raised a ticket with Plusnet tech support and they are on the case. I also use the USB modem.
> > > > >
> > > > > Kawal
> > > > >
> > > > > My connection drops every now and then, which is a bit irritating. I have the ADSL/USB starter pack. Any advice would be appreciated please!
> > > > > > Many thanks.
> > > >>
> > >
> > >
> > > > Erm i too get cut off when my phone rings ive tried both microfilters and still the same problem..
> > > >
> > > >
> > > Mine just drops connection randomly, nothing to do with the phone ringing; I have just removed one phone and I havn't droped a call for over an hour!
> > >
> > >
> > My connection has dropped more and more recently and this has nothing to do with the phone or calls incoming, get your act together plusnet or else im off elswhere.
> >
> I have removed the phone that was sharing the filter with the modem and the problem is cured!
>
> so what you saying then, I should plug my phone in another socket, hence another line more expense. I thought one of the reasons we had adsl was because it saved us having a second line or have I missed something here.

N/A

> > > > > > I also get disconnected, but this only happens when the phone handset is picked up. I have raised a ticket with Plusnet tech support and they are on the case. I also use the USB modem.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Kawal
> > > > > >
> > > > > > My connection drops every now and then, which is a bit irritating. I have the ADSL/USB starter pack. Any advice would be appreciated please!
> > > > > > > Many thanks.
> > > > >>
> > > >
> > > > > Erm i too get cut off when my phone rings ive tried both microfilters and still the same problem..
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > Mine just drops connection randomly, nothing to do with the phone ringing; I have just removed one phone and I havn't droped a call for over an hour!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > My connection has dropped more and more recently and this has nothing to do with the phone or calls incoming, get your act together plusnet or else im off elswhere.
> > >
> > I have removed the phone that was sharing the filter with the modem and the problem is cured!
> >
> > so what you saying then, I should plug my phone in another socket, hence another line more expense. I thought one of the reasons we had adsl was because it saved us having a second line or have I missed something here.
>
>
I had two phones connected, so I just removed one but if you only have got one BT socket with one phone then there must be a differnet problem!

N/A

i had this. Plusnet eventually called out bt who checked my exchange and line etc, they said they found nothing wrong but my line has been fine ever since. (strange that) probably a noisy line card at the exchange they didnt wanna admit to.

N/A

> > > > > > > I also get disconnected, but this only happens when the phone handset is picked up. I have raised a ticket with Plusnet tech support and they are on the case. I also use the USB modem.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Kawal
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > My connection drops every now and then, which is a bit irritating. I have the ADSL/USB starter pack. Any advice would be appreciated please!
> > > > > > > > Many thanks.
> > > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > > > Erm i too get cut off when my phone rings ive tried both microfilters and still the same problem..
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > Mine just drops connection randomly, nothing to do with the phone ringing; I have just removed one phone and I havn't droped a call for over an hour!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > My connection has dropped more and more recently and this has nothing to do with the phone or calls incoming, get your act together plusnet or else im off elswhere.
> > > >
> > > I have removed the phone that was sharing the filter with the modem and the problem is cured!
> > >
> > > so what you saying then, I should plug my phone in another socket, hence another line more expense. I thought one of the reasons we had adsl was because it saved us having a second line or have I missed something here.
> >
> >
> I had two phones connected, so I just removed one but if you only have got one BT socket with one phone then there must be a differnet problem!
>
My connection drops again, so it's nothing to do with the filter sharing with my phone!
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Guys,

We made this annoucement recently to Seorvice Status. I would imagine that once BT have finished this work, any problems with Random disconnects will be cured - Note that this is generic across the DSL network and will affect all ADSL users, not just PlusNet customers.

---

14/10/2002 @ 17:41 Abnormal ADSL Session Disconnections
Dear Customer,

Following reports of problems with the abnormal termination of user sessions on the broadband platform, BT have been investigating the issue and have released the following information regarding an immediate upgrade of some of their systems.

The problem found is that there is a bug in the current IOS that allows new connection tunnels to be allocated the same id as older connection tunnels. When this occurs the old tunnel is torn down along with all user sessions on that tunnel. After intensive investigation, remedial work, and trialling BT are confident that they have an IOS fix that will cure the problem completely.

In view of the widespread nature of the problem and the fact that the incidence is increasing BT propose to implement an urgent mass upgrade to the platform across all RAS boxes on Tuesday 15th October and Thursday 17th October between the hours of 01:00 am and 05:00 am - with four RAS boxes being upgraded on each day.

There are eight RAS box locations and BT propose to upgrade one location, with boxes being upgraded for 15 – 25 minutes, each hour on the hour followed by a stabilisation period for the rest of the hour. Generally, customers will be connected to the nearest RAS box to their location but due to the way in which they load balance this will not always be the case. For this reason we cannot say for certain what time and date a specific connection will be affected.

Although upgrades will continue for 15 to 25 minutes at a particular location the effect on any individual user will be that their session is disconnected and can’t reconnect for approximately 60-90 seconds. Remember that you may be affected on more than one occasion dependant on which RAS you are connected to at the time the work is taking place.

We understand that this work is being carried out at shorter notice than usual but feel that the benefits for customers increases the urgency of the matter to the point where it is right to deploy this fix as soon as possible.

Regards
Customer Support

---

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support