cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection drops - with the accessrunner conexant

N/A

hi lads/ladies erm as the topic suggests this is to do with connection drops.

early on this week i started experiencing them and ive browsed around the forum and it seems many ppl are getting this, but ive only heard suggestions on how to fix this problem with routers so could someone please help me and tell us how to fix this problem with the "accessrunner conexant"

thx for all the help Smiley
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

1. if using any p2p utilities drop the maximum connections in the p2p software, as that pci modem is prone to be flooded if it has too many connections.

2. If using Windows XP then possible Driver issues, try other versions as not all work well with all motherboard chipset versions when used in XP, get them @ Here

3. the PCI slot its in, don't have it in the first PCI slot under the AGP slot, as that usually shares resources with the AGP slot, try slot 3 or 4.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

its none of them things as i dont use p2p - on win2k using same drivers as always Smiley no changes made at all
Community Veteran

Drivers can get corrupted when in/unstalling software when said installers remove files they shouldn't, so completely reinstalling the modem drivers won't hurt. But the driver issue is still there in 2k but not so bad as it is for XP.

How about its PCI location n the PC?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

well umm ive done a complete reinstall of the drivers - also i did move pci slots
Community Veteran

next note the Attenuation figures that the Modem Control Panel reports for the download, it should be under 60db. If close or over 60 then unplug all phones and filters and reconnect again. If it drops then you have a faulty filter, if not then possible phoneline fault
N/A

k the attenuation appears to be Up: +18.0dB and Down: +22.6dB

so i guess thats fine :s
N/A

Attenuation figures are good, you must be very close to the exchange.

Apart from driver issues or faulty filters (has the phone been used ??),
your connection drops could be due to port scans, do you have software firewall installed that can inform you if you are being scanned ?Huh
N/A

well the phone isnt being used when the connection drops also i am using a firewall, its called sygate and i think ive got some of th logs somewhere here..also i have all windows updates, virus scanner, adaware, spybot search and destroy. so in the antivirus case i think im covered Wink
N/A

someone plz help me :<
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There are mixture of reasons showing in our RADIUS logs for the disconnections, but the main reason is user request, i.e. your PC disconnected the connection.

Make sure that you don't have any idle time limit settings that could be dropping the connection when it is idle.

Also try the PC from your master phone socket with no other telephony devices connected to the line and also try swapping the filters.
N/A

hi thx for the reply,

erm there are no idle settings - ive checked tht Wink also the master socket is what the adsl is connected to - normally no other devices are plugged in :s