cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection at weekends only

Highlighted
N/A

After 9 months with no problems, I can now only connect at weekends.

For the last 2 weeks my connection only syncs for about 2 mins then drops during the week, but at weekends my connection stays active for 50 hours plus until Monday morning when the problem starts all over again. plusnet have informed BT but they still have not solved the problem. My neighbour has the same problem (he is with Pipex) and he was told by the BT engineer that someone in the area has a faulty sky box that was causing the problem. This sounds unlikely but if true he must go away all weekend.

Has anybody had a similar issue
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

Basically the BT guy is talking through his hat. Whilst Sky boxes connected to your phone line internally can have an effect on your connection, some random punter's in the area is not going to cause you grief.

I take it Plus net have raised this with BT. I take it they have rejected BT's findings and if so what have they decided to do now?
N/A

Plusnet have told me that it has been referred to BT diagnostics and are awaiting a response.
N/A

Fair enough. In that case you will simply have to sit and wait. hopefully this time they will come back with a more plausible answer.

I doubt very much if Plus Net would accept such a lame excuse. Do you have any information from your ticket as to BT's initial diagnostics?
N/A

Have you noticed any new buildings or such since the problem started.. Air con on a office or factory ? Or even neighbours installing something that doent run at weekends...
Maybe time to have a good look round and knock on a few doors to see if anyone else is having issues with adsl in your area.
N/A

Plus.Net Suck

I have had the same problem. My DSL has been down for over two weeks, but started working fine again on Friday evening / Saturday. Then Sunday it stopped again. I have contacted plus.net about this many times .... there support is shite I'd give up if I was you and go direct with BT
N/A

Re: Plus.Net Suck

All adsl problems have to be reported via your isp.... Bt wont do anything otherwise.
Also reporting a voice fault can hold up adsl problem solving as it seems that your cannot have 2 reported problems at once on your line.....

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please dont use the entire preceding post as a quote.
N/A

there support is [censored] I'd give up if I was you and go direct with BT

Would it be possible for you to stop posting misleading and inaccurate information. This will only serve to confuse people and will not further your cause in any way.

The only people we can ring is BT Retail and they have absolutely nothing to do with our broadband. The people that do are BT Wholesale and they will only speak with ISP's.

All adsl queries must be raised with Plus Net.