Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection after restart

N/A

connection after restart

hi can anyone help?
i have a pci modem, running winxp pro,
whenever i restart the computer the connection will not work for a very long time it just keeps clicking on and off, ive spoken to support after waiting 60 mins for them to answer just for them to tell me its my problem as ive managed to connect once before so the line must be ok,also when i tested the speed on the one time i could connect it was 27kbps download the site i tested it on said it was hardley a 33.6 connection this cant be right surely, im connecting at 576kbps. any help would be most appreciated

regards mark
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: connection after restart

> hi can anyone help?
> i have a pci modem, running winxp pro,
> whenever i restart the computer the connection will not work for a very long time it just keeps clicking on and off, ive spoken to support after waiting 60 mins for them to answer just for them to tell me its my problem as ive managed to connect once before so the line must be ok,also when i tested the speed on the one time i could connect it was 27kbps download the site i tested it on said it was hardley a 33.6 connection this cant be right surely, im connecting at 576kbps. any help would be most appreciated
>
> regards mark

This sounds like either a bad connection in the house or a line problem. Have BT checked the line? I had a similar problem some time ago and after BT did a faultfind all was well.