Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting problem

Fenster
Grafter

connecting problem

hello,

i've tried to see the correct way of contacting the support team about not being able to connect

to my broadband but the connection page gives a warning about a £54 charge! maybe i'm wrong, if

this post is in the wrong place, please how do i get help without running the risk of this

charge.

windows xp
cpu 2ghz
ram 1gb
voyager 205 modem
using a modem extension cable
browser: ie6

newly connected to broadband payg (yesterday 8 july) got email from plusnet saying line is activated, i installed the drivers but the disk did'nt put any shortcuts on my desktop after restarting. the voyager 205 never showed up in my computers hardware device manager, not under 'modems' or anywhere else, but was listed in 'network connections' in the control panel and in its properties said it was working properly.

started my browser and put in my connection details at voyager home. everything seemed to work o.k yesterday (my old dialup insisted on appearing so i uninstalled it). broadband was working this morning at first then a page wouldn't load so i looked at the modem and the green dsl light kept flashing. i checked the microfilter and connections, even swapped over the microfilter. restarted the computer, tried switching the modem on/off, reinstalled the drivers, nothing worked green dsl light still flashing. looked in control panel 'networks' the voyager is not listed anymore.

as i say i'm using a modem extension cable ( 5 metre ) because the computer isn't near the telephone socket, but the broadband has been working with a steady green dsl up till now, and that cable wouldn't account for the voyager disapearing from 'network connections' surely. any help please.
2 REPLIES
N/A

adsl

use the bt dial up and make sure that the phone number is 0,38 for uk and then put in user name yourname@plusdsl.net and the password.

wait for 5 mins you could phone support and ask them to turn on adsl thats whar i did ..............................................
Fenster
Grafter

connecting problem

thanks,
connected now by my old btinternet dialup, don't quite understand, adsl has been working.