connect error

N/A

connect error

I am very new to broadband
Received my hardware and the setup went without a hitch,
checked cables > okay
power light on Binatone 500 usb modem >okay
Adsl light flashes green.
Received my user ID by email and to inform me my BT line is now activated for ADSL.
However when I try the Binatone modem log-in website and after saving the configuration the message I get when I try to connect is "Connect Error"
Can anyone advise on this please?
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

connect error

If the ADSL light is flashing then it means that the modem does not have synchronization with the exchange equipment.
Check that you have your wiring set up correctly. See the tutorial on Wiring and filters. If it is all set up correctly then you need to contact Plusnet using link:Contact us to get the problem resolved.
N/A

connect error

Thanks for your reply John

Setup Binatone adsl USB modem, followd their instructions carefully.

I plugged the microfilter straight into the BT main socket and the modem cable from the microfilter into the modem.
Notification on taskbar shows modem connected.
The Adsl light flashes green, for which I assumed would be a wiring fault, but have doubled checked this and the wiring is set up okay.

I contacted their support team by email (Do not seem to have a phone support)

This is what I received from them:

Suggested incorrect username
..No correct username used (copied and pasted from email.

internal] RAS locking - needs to be rechecked

do not undestand this message.

[internal] sent to bt to confirm circuit setup - please monitor for the user - 1-2L0YJ3 / 00698673

Not sure what's supposed to happen next

Any help would be very much apprciated
N/A

connect error

Who's support Huh
PlusNet have phone and the ticket system (contact us to the bottom left of this page) support.
If you see a comment [internal] coming back from PlusNet, this is a comment internal to them and is not for you. It is to help the support agents track what has been going on.
I do not know the Binatone modem but it would seem that, as already been mentioned, that the DSL signal is not linking (syncronising) with the exchange.
There are a number of stages to get DSL to work. 1/ A DSL signal needs to be present on your line. 2/ The Signal needs to be syncronised (a bit like negotiation with old 56k modems and faxes). 3/ The correct login parameters are required (username, password, etc).
The manual will tell what stage the flashing green light indicates.
N/A

connect error

Thanks cqg4uzg
Info very helpful
Will abide my time
and see what support comes up with.
Community Veteran

connect error

You did not say what support you contacted? Binatone or PlusNet?
N/A

connect error

plusnet,
I have found the phone number and will ring later
Community Veteran

connect error

In that case the [internal] RAS locking probably relates to your ADSL account setup or radius servers. The 2nd internal is PlusNet sending a message to BT to confirm the correct line has been activated. The 1-2L0YJ3 / 00698673 will identify your line for BT to check.

If the green led is the DSL one, it should be steady when the ADSL link is established/synced so it looks like that is not happening yet.
N/A

connect error

Progress report from BT.

pcorker
Grafter

connect error

Did you already find the help HERE for the setup pages?
Pat.
N/A

connect error

The BT report you have shown is for a voice fault and not DSL (ie normal phone operation)
Only PlusNet can organise and get the results of a line test for DSL.
Have you had response form the ticket ?Huh
N/A

connect error

Problem sorted, I'm a very happy bunny...faulty microfilter
A friend came round with some microfilters, tried one of his and now connected to Broadband...yipeeeeeeeeee Cheesy

Thanks guys for all your help and advice which put me on the right track to resolving the problem.
N/A

connect error

Glad you are now up and running.
pcorker
Grafter

connect error

As it turns out, the answer was HERE at A) 5.
Isn't hindsight wonderful....
Pat.
EDIT
In fact there is a flaw in my reasoning as you can't usually connect without a filter (ideal) as the plug will probably be the wrong size!
N/A

connect error

Faults do show up on the BT fault tracker, for those reported via PlusNet for DSL issues.