Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring router to play Gunship! on msn gaming zone via d

Billydakid
Dabbler

configuring router to play Gunship! on msn gaming zone via d

Hi ppl,

I need some advice as to how to configure my router to play Gunship in the msn gaming zone via directplay. I have no trouble playing online games elsewhere (quakworld, cs, tf, df2 and even backgammon which is also on msn gaming zone! - which msn host the game, not the players themselves unlike in Gunship). Is it to do with NAT rules? or Ip Filtering? DMZ?

Somebody save me from insanity here!
2 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

RE: configuring router to play Gunship! on msn gaming zone v

Didn't my suggestion - in reply to your previous thread, in the main PlusNet forum - workHuh??

Billydakid
Dabbler

RE: configuring router to play Gunship! on msn gaming zone v

> Didn't my suggestion - in reply to your previous thread, in the main PlusNet forum - workHuh??
>
>

I'm afriad not. That would help if the game was actually hosted on the msn gaming zone, but Gunship isn't, a player in the game hosts instead. I've even tried just connecting straight to somebody using their ip address and its still not working.

My router is a sar 110 made by solwise, and I really need some help in configuring it to overcome this problem. I've tried changing some settings and still nothing. the router seems to be blocking this process itself as there's nothing else turned on at all that could be doing this.

Thanks.