cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complaints about plussnet service action plan

N/A

Since I conected to plusnet as my isp I have had trouble with the speed of my conection.

I have tryed to phone Email and ues there help and support procedurs with no joy at all when they did reply using the help desk they didnt ancer any of my questions. This is realy starting to anoy me and it seams by reading the forums im'e not allone.

so what ime sugesting is we all band togeather and report them to ofcom http://www.ofcom.org.uk/

or wtachdog http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/
13 REPLIES
N/A

I appreciate your frustration with the problems you've been having, is it perhaps something which may be helped by describing your problem here?

The comm's team are often about in here, and you also have the benefit of a large userbase who may have experienced something similar in the past.

Possibly somebody may know the right question to ask, and the right person to ask it of, to glean the most useful response.
N/A

Cheesy Hi, my connection is running at ridiculious slow speeds, when i also sent them a letter they didnt reply to any of my specific questions regarding the speed of my connection, i also cannot contact them by email or by phone. Due to this as far as im concerned there treatment of customers is down right abominable. I was in the process of cancelling my order but was told to pay a £67 cancellation fee which i could not afford to pay and ended up haveing to open another direct debit even though i wanted to change supplier. The way i see it aswell is that basically if i dont pay the fee i get no MAC code, also i was told by plusnet if i didnt pay the cancellatin fee then they couldent close my account at all which i dont understand at all. So basically no money no MAC key and no cancellation of my account, so the payments will just mount up.
N/A

What were the questions you were looking for answers on?
The cancellation fee you refer to sounds like deffered activation/hardware costs. If thats the case, they form part of the contract which you signed up for.

Perhaps the best option is to post the list of questions you have, in the hope that somebody can help you resolve them.
N/A

1) why is my connection speed so slow
2) why will plusnet not respond to any questions
3) why cant i contact them by phone/email
4) why cant they contact me directly by letter
5) why should i be held to ransom for my MAC code
6) why should i be forced to reopen another direct debit
Cheesy .
N/A

I have some questions too and can't get answers to any of them, so maybe if I post them here I will.

Why is more connection down for the third time in a month (no service for 10 days now)?
Why won't you answer my questions?
Why can't I speak to someone by phone?
Why do you continually ignore my repeated requests for an explanation on the My Questions thread?
Are you being deliberately rude or have you been ordered not to answer basic customer questions?
Why are you so scared of ringing me?
Do you give a monkeys?
N/A

A common problem

I too have had a frustrating time with Plusnet support (hmm, must look up the definition of that again). My issue has been ongoing since 29th July and is still not resolved. My speedtest results consistently show a speed of 130 which is on a par with ISDN. The support incident reads like an epic with mis-booked BT appointments by Plusnet (for which I took unpaid time off work) and 4-5 days gaps between replies. I feel that Plusnet don't bother with the more difficult problems and hope that by delaying things the issue will go away.

I have now cancelled my account and received an reply (amazingly in only 6 hours) asking for a £47 deferred movers fee which just adds more insult to the injury. My costs so far include twice waiting for over an hour on the phone (£5 phone calls + £50 of time (My standard contracting rate is £25 per hour) + 4 hours off work - £100, when BT never turned up (cos they hadn't been booked properly) + another 2 hours - £50 off work when they did turn up but didn't do anything except change my master socket. This is £230 it has cost me plus the time for numerous emails that have winged back and forth.

40 days to be no nearer a solution is at best scandalous especially as they had no problem taking my subscription. My advice to anyone considering Plusnet would be to look elsewhere for an alternative ISP as when things are good they are good but when they are bad they are very very bad.
N/A

Cheesy Hi all, this is what im on about im not the only one with big problems with plusnet the same as myself. Im just trying to get my views across and to get some answers like you guys. I am most definately in the same boat as plenty of other customers, i just dont understand at all why the service can be so bad for such quite a large internet provider. Ive just got to the point where i have ran out of patience, and i do agree plusnet are quick enogh phoneing you up for money rather than helping you with any type of problems you have. Come on huys i need more views on this topic and replys, there are so many unhappy people on here with complaints about the poor service, dont be shy to speak your mind, im not, thx Cheesy .
N/A

It is definately the frustration factor that Plusnet have perfected. I think the has simply outgrown it's staff and now just can't offer a level of support any where near what is expected. Investment in staff is just as important as investment in technology.

The company I contract for are using Plusnet for nearly all their customers and some have 2 or 3 accounts. In total they probably number in excess of 100 business broadband accounts and the shoddy service is being noted and monitored closely by those that matter.

If your reading this Plusnet, it's todays reputation that matters not yesterdays.

ps. The answer to all your questions is...'because we're Plusnet'.
N/A

well, When I got through last night to report a shoddy 14kbs on a 8mb service, I was told because they haven't 'seen' anymore problems with the slow speed, that I shouldn't rule out it being a fault on my end. I quickly pointed out that I had 2 replies within 30 minutes saying they had same problems. I am fed up to my back teeth of this utter GARBAGE service. Does nobody else feel ripped off?
I pay £20+ a month when I could get more for less money, and I would BET a better customer service elsewhere.
After yesterday my crap 14kbs went up to a better 3mb, but this morning, yep, gone down. now to 500kbs. NOT good enough.
I'm very angry. Why don't they try ringing people with answers or something instead of fobbing people off, or making them worry the fault lies with themselves?
N/A

This speed issue is a strange one. When the BT guy turned up (at the second attempt) he did various tests on the line and said everything was OK but changed the master socket anyway. I did a speedtest before he went and got 1400 and also similar speeds throughout that day. The next day however it was back down to 130 and has been since. I explained this to support two weeks ago but nothing has happened. I'll be glad when my account has been cancelled.
N/A

Cheesy Thats them to a T m8, fob people off, threaten not to give people there MAC codes and keep there account open if you dont pay the cancellation fee, and they dont answer your questions, i even sent them a letter with no direct reply, they sent me a reply here, how the hell am i supposed to know the reply was comeing here Evil. Also i asked them to phone me to discuss my problems because i couldent get through for weeks but they didnt. I phoned BT to get some help and they said my line was 100% fine and the poor download speeds where plusnets fault. Also back to my account, how the heel can they get away with threating to keep your account open if you dont pay them the £67 cancellation fee and also will refuse to give you your MAC key, its all moneye money money as ive already said, need more views on this guys, thx Cheesy .
N/A

From what I've seen since joining Plusnet, these user forums seem to be the only way that people can get support. I've never ever seen a customer service where it's virtually impossible make contact for support. It rather reminds me of when I was burgled and the policeman asked me to do my own house to house enquiries. The things people are being asked to do by ordinary users because nobody can get support from the ISP amaze me at times. If you touched any equipment anywhere else warranties would become invalid I am sure,
N/A

I am going to be leaving plusnet also because of all the same reason listed above in this post and so many others. Can any one tell me how i cancel my account because the 'user friendly' help section seems to have hidden how you do this. Plusnet are going to go out of business at this rate.