cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheated by plusnet

N/A

cheated by plusnet

does anyone else here feel that they have been cheated by plusnet.
i signed up for an unlimited account in january and now am being told that i have a download limit. i am sure this is illegal to change the terms like this.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

cheated by plusnet

Well, it has been said many times that PN were certainly not selling an unlimited product in January or for that matter all of 2005 and most of 2004. PN have taken great steps to ensure that is not stated anywhere.

I can only assume that you assumed it was unlimited but there was certainly nothing on the portal, in the product descriptions or on the signup page that states its an unlimited prodct. You may also have assumed 'no download limits' means unlimited, unfortuneatly this does not.

And finally, it is clearly stated in the T&C for all the products that a SUP and AUP applies to all broadband products.
N/A

cheated by plusnet

so what does no download limits mean then.
Discostoo
Grafter

cheated by plusnet

where does it say that?
Community Veteran

cheated by plusnet

On the main broadband products page.

No download limits means you won't get cut off if you download gigs of data like many other ISPs. PN limit the speeds but don't stop you downloading, you may not be able to download very much when restricted but they don't stop it completely.
N/A

cheated by plusnet

I completely agree with lilafels. It was not made very clear when I signed up with PN a year ago. Their policys are not very clear. The information given for braodband plus says

"There is no usage cap, however the product is designed for up to 3GB usage each month at 4pm-Midnight. Once your usage exceeds the product design, your downloads and surfing will get progressively slower until the start of your next billing month when your usage is reset"

So I would take this to mean that everytime i went over my limit things would get slow until the next month. And then when everthing is reset im back to normal. I should be able to do this every month. However the Substanable Usage Policy says I only get a second chance before the speed restrictions are permently applied and the only way to get it lifted is to upgrade!

what is the current limit for Plus? is it 3gb or 10gb peek?? it depends where you look on PN site. I am definetly not impressed with PN anymore and will not be recommending them to anyone else