cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change isp...that means bt gets another activation fee

N/A

change isp...that means bt gets another activation fee

Just thought i would let you guys know that it seems BT have this game sewn up tighter than a very tight butt!

I enquired recently to a london based ISP out of interest about their adsl (as this hasn't been the most impressive ISP i've encountered) and explained that i was already on adsl, and was it possible to switch over to their radius servers? The salesman explained that even if you were already on..bt still expected you to pay for activation (as thats the way the system works). He wasn't overly happy with the situation either and said that even when you pay again for it, as you are already active, the BT test fails the line!!
How Frelled up is that?!?!?!?

BT..you got to admire them for being such a bunch of gits!!!Roll eyes
2 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: change isp...that means bt gets another activation fee

Do you know how BT works ? I guess not....

With adsl there is a connection made at the exchange to one ISP and if you need to change ISP you have to send out another BT engineer to change this connection over to your new ISP. You are correct you should not have to pay the full fee is you are moving to another isp service like for like however if you are moving up to a 1mb / 2mb line then you should.

BT have been and are still testing a new system (will be out if the tests passes next year some time) that the isp can over the phone change over isp's with no fee however it's still in testing.

cUnDaLl
N/A

RE: change isp...that means bt gets another activation fee

> Do you know how BT works ? I guess not....
>
>
> With adsl there is a connection made at the exchange to one ISP and if you need to change ISP you have to send out another BT engineer to change this connection over to your new ISP. You are correct you should not have to pay the full fee is you are moving to another isp service like for like however if you are moving up to a 1mb / 2mb line then you should.
>
> BT have been and are still testing a new system (will be out if the tests passes next year some time) that the isp can over the phone change over isp's with no fee however it's still in testing.
>
> cUnDaLl

Well when yopu explain it like that, i suppose its not as unreasonable..but it is a lot to ask to pay another 50 quid to re-activate i must admit...
lets hope they get their finger out re the new system..although somehow i imagine this will drag on.....