cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation fee for monthly contract???

N/A

hi, im moving house and have to cancel my plusnet broadband. i took the monthly contract option about 4 months ago and certainly was not aware i had to pay a cancellation fee. i will pay it but i was certainly not aware of it so could someone please point out where it states this just for my own info??

thanks

kevin
3 REPLIES
N/A

oh and also i gave my 30 days notice today, as per stated in the contract, but my account will be terminated on 14th february not the 6th of february........ should i be refunded the difference between these two dates as i would then be paying for service i will not use
Community Veteran

PlusNet only give refunds for migrations, not cancellations. With a cancellation, the actual termination of service date is adjusted to cover all the days you have actually paid for.

I suspect your normal billing date is around 14th of the month. If so, on 14th Jan you will pay another monthly fee (as detailed in the T&C for cancellations) which then covers you from the 15th Jan to 14th Feb and thus the termination date is adjusted beyond your 30 day notice period.

Remember, the 30 days is a notice to cancel, not the actual time aftrer which the service is terminated.

As for a cancellation fee, there is none. If you had migrated in from another ISP and then cancel/migrate within 12 months, you must pay the migration in fee of £14.99. Also if you deferred any hardware or activation fees (or took up the free setup/hardware offer (which is only feeif you remain with plusnet for 5 years)) you still have to pay those fees back before you can leave.
N/A

ah i see, thanks for clarifying that. after many 20 min periods on the phone whenever i have a problem, £15 to cancel and paying for service when i am not using it..... i dont think ill be considering plusnet for my new ISP when i move in