cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect this morning!

N/A

Hi all,

I know there is a problem this morning, but i was wondering how many people in the forum have been affected?

I have several locations down this morning.
32 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Well, me for one.

Line sync, but nothing loads. Ring Plusnet support, get engaged, assume there must be a big problem.

Then it suddenly rights itself at ten past nine.

As said elsewhere, it can't be rocket science just to get a recorded announcement that there are problems and to hang on a bit, instead of just the engaged tone.
Even Tesco internet used to do this, and Plusnet should sort out something of the kind quickly, instead of Neil's PR phrases about enhancing our experience.

How on earth can you seriously say you're going to enhance somebody's experience when their broadband is down, other than by bringing the broadband back up.

So here is one vote for a quick installation of a recorded message system when the thing is down. Why not a separate Recorded Message numberHuh?
N/A

DSL Down

2 of our sites are down, rebooted router - no joy!

cmon Plus!

yes totally agree, recorded message *thumbs up*, engaged tone *thumbs down* (very annoying)
N/A

YUp frustrated, no net here in liverpool either. Engaged tone is poor, I had to ring a friend to look on here for the status. I've ended up coming into uni to get work done, wasted 30mins checking all my equipment. One message would have saved an hour of hassle.
N/A

DSL Down

Yeah, Mine was doing to the same at half 9 this morning before I had to come to work... Hope its fixed by the time I get home...
vic_newey
Grafter

no joy here in redditch,
using blueyonder to type this on my daughters pc upstairs, hey why am I suffering minusnet when we have telewest connected ?
holdtight
Grafter

Aaaahhhh thats why ive spent most of this morning swapping this and changing that

couldnt get through to support so knew something might be up and its only just come back online (11:10am) but its very sloooow

if one of the mods can just reinstate the ideas forum i would like to suggest plusnet send out pigeons at times such as this it would be quicker and easier than trying to phone cs to find out whats going on Wink

Agreed Geoff a recorded announcement would be very quick and easy to implement and the best option as far as i can see instead of just a dialing tone and would save a lot of confusion all round :twisted:
N/A

Well mite as well join you in saying iv had no connection for hours. Iv had to rip my sound card out to put a 56k modem in to get internet access.

Sloooooooow! im off and await my connection hopfully today.
joecool
Grafter

The very first time it was down for me ! At least not just me ,
N/A

problems here (Co Durham) all morning. Havent been able to get any web sites at all although if I'm reading my router's log right its connected!

(Even managed to get an e-mail or two in, but none out.)

Very annoyed about this - it's my first day off in ages & the only way I can get on line is via my old Dial-Up account! (God help the phone bill) Evil
N/A

Typical! No sooner get done posting my grumpy message above, when everything comes back on line!

Fingers crossed it stays that way......

:roll:
joecool
Grafter

Hi can anyone remind me how I connect to the back up number (dial-up) when all else fails ?

Never had to use it before , as mentioned earlier never had any problems since Aug '04......so can't complain Smiley

Cheers
N/A

Connection settings for manual connection

Local Rate Dialup

Phone Number from a BT Line 1470,0845 1400103
Phone Number from a non-BT Line 0845 1400103

Login name 'yourusername'
Password 'yourpassword'
firmager
Grafter

Yeah i think it went down sometime during the early hours of the morning cos I left my computer downloading and when I got up at 7, everything had stopped!!!

I couldn't get anything to work at home, even after restarting router and computers. I'm at college now and just used the Fault Checker but seeing as everyone else is having problems I dont think it'll be much use!!

Anyone know if it's back up again now?!

Also an apology or at least an explanation from plus.net would be nice!!
Merlin
Grafter

No connection

Yes off from early this morning, got fleeting connectivity on several occasions. Router showed line sync. Like others checked all my stuff. It would be useful to have a recorded message as others have said also a post on the plus web site for when you get on via modem. Come on Plus tell us what happened or do we have to wait for tomorrow's Register?