cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone tell me what this email means

doakdom

I received an email from PlusNet, and I dont know what it means. I am probably being thick. I have raised a ticket, but as PlusNet dont really do the whole 'customer service' thing I am not expecting a reply any time soon. The email reads as follows:

----

As part of our commitment to providing the best value broadband experience, we have now successfully moved your broadband service to our alternative broadband network.

You should see no change in your service and you don't need to change any settings or your hardware, your broadband will simply continue to work as normal.

Thank you for your continued custom.

Kind regards,

PlusNet Customer Support

---
I know it says 'no change in my service' but is this the email you get when they are upgrading your line to 8meg, or is this something else? My connection seems to say 8meg although I only get 2meg so I am a little confused. I also have not had an email saying that they had started moving me to a new broadband network, so its odd to get an email saying that they have finished?
6 REPLIES
N/A

it means youve been transferred over to an LLU exchange thats all.

seen this question pop up several times the past few days, PN really need to be less vague with their email
N/A

djw397

Did you get an email saying you were about to be moved to LLU or was it just after the fact?

If at any point you decide to jump ship and move to another provider it will cost around £59 to move back to BT.

Plusnet had promised to give 7 days notice.

Dave
doakdom

I didnt get any mail about being moved. My connection was down for over a week and only just came back on about two days ago. They denied that anything had changed on my line when I tried saying that I had not done anything but perhaps they were doing this changeover and thats why I lost the connection.
Looking over some old emails I had one back on May 5th saying that my 'local telephone exchange could be upgraded to allow us to provide broadband to you through one of these alternative providers.' but nothing since to say it actually was.
Do you think I should be getting 8meg now, or is that a seperate process? My concern is that maybe the 14 day 'working out what speed you can handle' bit of the switchover happened whilst my broadband was broken and so I am stuck on 2meg now.
N/A

The first email is to inform you that your exchange will be LLU enabled some time in the future.

You should have had an email 7 days before an actual change.

On another thread (must figure out how to quote these threads) a member of plusnet staff stated that for some members the email hadn't gone out and they are investigating this.

We've paid for our broadband installation through BT to the tune of £58.75.
If we are moved to Tiscali LLU and want to return to BT we have to pay it again. We would, as things stand at the moment, be subject to a cease and reprovide. This could mean some time without any connection and also having to change telephone numbers.

The seven days promise was my insurance should plusnet not prove a worthy ISP for my business. The last year with plusnet has not been a great experience (change of unlimited to capped, email delays and changing goalposts etc.)

So far I've reserved my judgement but if I'm not going to be given a choice then I wouldn't be a happy chappie. I've listened to lots of promises from plusnet but they seem to say one thing and do another so often that one has to suspect that maybe these are not just accidents.

I'd be very interested to hear of anyone who has had an email seven days before a change. Cynically I expect that there won't be anyone.

Dave
N/A

to quote the threads, either click the quote button before pasting in the quote, and again afterwards, alternatively:
[quote]Your quote here[/quote]

would appear as
Your quote here

The same method works for all the features, bold is constructed the same, just with the letter b instead of the word quote.

If you want to include the name of the person you are quoting, insert
[quote="sallyandjames"]Your quote here[/quote]

would appear as
Your quote here

Make sure you note, the backslashes, quotation marks,square brackets, etc or else it'll look a bit odd.
N/A

Thanks for that SallyandJames

Dave