cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I connect a Voyager 220v (voip) and voyager 2100

N/A

Hi

I have a BT Voyager 2100 (4-port ethernet + 802.11g wireless) and a Voyager 220v (1-port ethernet + voip). I need wireless access on my network but I also want to use the voip features of the 220v. I was thinking of using the modem+router features of the 220v and (to get wireless connectivity) connecting the 2100 to the single ethernet port of the 220v to provide wireless network access.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Im not sure if I can disable the modem/router functionality of the 2100 and simply use it as a wireless access point.

Any advice is appreciated.

Mark
4 REPLIES
N/A

You should be able to get it to work. The problems are make sure only one of them is a dhcp server or your pc will get mixed up or don't use dhcp.

Second problem is connecting the 2 as unless there is an uplink switch you may need a crossover cable to connect the 2
N/A

i have a one similar to the 220v, the 210, just disable dhcp and use some custom settings in your router. These worked with my linksys

static ip : 192.168.1.1
wan : 192.168.1.3
dns: 192.168.1.1

enable dhcp on your router, but not on the 220v and then change routers ip to 192.168.2.1

(note static ip might be wrong, ill grab exact stats for you when i get home)
N/A

thanks nahal and mwright.

@mwright - there is no "uplink" port on either the 220v (only a signle ethernet port) or the 2100 (4-ethernet ports). So I will have to connect them via a crossover cable. Please correct me if I am mis-understanding.

@nahal - thanks for this. Please confirm your setup is as follows:

adsl->linksys->voyager210

your linksys is a wireless router with dhcp enabled
the 210 is similar to the 220v with full router capability and dhcp disabled

Thanks
Mark
N/A

no, it goes adsl line>voyager> linksys > Pcs . If you search my username for the original post theres information on how to use it as a PPPoE setup since the one i posted can conflict with torrents, oh and make sure you disable your firewall on the 220v.
You shouldnt need a crossover cable. Theres also another setup so you can use your router just as a switch+wireless point, but the firewall will by bypassed so you have to use the one in your router, ill post it when i get home for you.

hope that helps