cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

campervan holiday, internet access??

wattsy
Grafter

I am about to venture on my first campervan holiday, I have a laptop and wanted to know the best way of getting on line whilst I take my great trip.
I have viewed lots of camp sites and they all appear to have internet access but I presume this is via wireless either than phoneline access.

Any advice would be apperciated.

Regards Chris
3 REPLIES
N/A

The simplest way would be a GPRS card, where you pay by the MB, good for just browsing at the blistering speed of 56k Vodafone and orange do them.
I used to have a Vodafone card and the 1st 100meg was free.

The other option is to hope for wireless access, but this is very limited at the moment.
docrobster
Grafter

In this country or abroad?
I suspect the internet access that the campsites advertise will be of the "internet cafe" variety- you pay to use their computers which are internet connected.
We recently stayed on a campsite in spain, they charged something like a euro per 15mins online.
Wifi was coming to this site- but still a little way off, according to the staff I spoke to, so you may find some sites where it is available- for a fee of course!
vic_newey
Grafter

view this websites forums, Motorhome facts is excellent & you can get a username if you want to post a question , It has a section on internet access

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/forums.html&sid=2638d9478026630d9f7da9f3fc099143