cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls automagically closed

N/A

I have been struggling with plusnet since I was llu'd without the opportunity to opt-out (waaaaaay back in May.) Since then, my adsl connectivity has been a shadow of its former (2Mb,) self.

I have had a variety of support calls open...and closed. This time, plus take the biscuit. My most recent call was closed automatically due to an extended period of inactivity. This is rather strange since it was pending an update from plusnet.

Their last update was from CSC - Team Leader at 9:22pm, Wednesday 16th August 2006:

Dear Mr spandler,
We have raised a request to our wholesale supplier for your MAC Key so we can move you back to IP Stream. Unfortunately we are still awaiting this. As soon as it is received I will send this to BT to move you back to IP Stream.

I fully appreciate the frustration you have and apologise sincerly for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

Once we have moved you back to IPstream I will either call you myself, or arrange for a senior analyst to call you to discuss this whole situation and what compensation we can offer.

I am taking ownership of this issue to ensure it is dealt with asap. Again, please accept my apologies for how your fault has been dealt with so far.

Once I saw this, I was heartened. Finally, someone, with a clue, had decided to take action. I thought it only fair to give plus a chance and wait for their call. Next thing, at 3:43pm, Monday 21st August 2006:

** System Generated **
Your support query has been closed due to an extended period of inactivity. If you believe this to be in error please accept our apologies and re-raise your issue.

Eh..? The extended period of inactivity was due to plusnet! Am I to update support calls frequently if only to stop 'em getting closed by a script? I didn't even get an email to tell me that the call had been closed. Deep, deep, joy.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Can you post the ticket number please. I have raised this issue in the past via PUG with PlusNet so need it as evidence that it is still happening.
N/A

Can you post the ticket number please.

Thanks, it's 19833359.
Community Veteran

Thanks Paul, I have passed it on to PN for investigation.
N/A

Perhaps you can investigate why my open question which was open and awaiting a support team answer when it was closed by Plusnet with the same message above.

The question number is 19885832.

Are questions closed when there is a period of inactivity by the Plusnet Support team?

If this is the case then Plusnet should have no open questions as they seem to take a week to reply to each question posted!

Please ensure that this is investgated as I have had to raise another question for exactly the same issue and will now have to wait another week for Plusnets reply.
N/A

I have passed it on to PN for investigation.

Cheers, I also posted to the pug forum and that posting was picked up pretty quickly.
N/A

Update - the call was closed in error, but the issue had fortunately remained with plus' support staff. They have requested a MAC from tiscali and will be moving my connection back to my old BT 2Mb connection.

This should offer some much-needed stability and also gives me the opportunity to give max another try in the future.