cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband

N/A

broadband

hi im not sure how long i have had bband now its been less than a year, but im moving out of my house in september to go to uni, will i have to pay a cancelation fee of the broadband? because i got free connection and a free modem ( that had to be thrown out because it was utter crap) i think i got bband in november 2003 (very rough estimate)
14 REPLIES
N/A

broadband

If you cancel after your original start date, then nope. However you must give plus net, 30 days notice of your intention to cancel.
Community Veteran

broadband

I assue you are on the Easystart Package, In which case there is a cancellation fee of £99 I think. But this may be reduced depending on how many months you have left on your annual contract. PlusNet still need to get the costs for the activation and modem which you are effectively paying over 12 months so have not fully paid for yet.

I would raise a contact us ticket and find out what the cost will be. If they say £99 then query it saying you only have e.g. 2 months left and see if they will rduce the fee.
N/A

broadband

Peter if he joined in Aug and he moves out in sept, he'll be past the 12 month min period.

So as long as he cancels after this date, he should be ok.
Community Veteran

broadband

i think i got bband in november 2003 (very rough estimate)

Where do you get august from?
michaelscott
Grafter

broadband

When I signed up to EasyStart I was given the impression that cancellation before 12 months would result in me being required to pay the £60-ish activation fee.
Jon
Grafter

broadband

Hi there,

The cancellation for Easystart within the first 12 months would be £99.99.
You can however take the line with you for a charge of £64.63.

Kind Regards,
N/A

broadband

I was looking the forum joining date as a guide. I realised after I'd posted it, that they had said in their note when they joined Broadband. Sorry Peter
N/A

broadband

does that mean i can cancel my account on the 29th august
Community Veteran

broadband

As stated above, if you cancel before your 12 months are up you have to pay a cancellation fee of £99. If you are correct in your first post that you signed up in Nov 2003, you will have to wait until after that time to incure no cancellation charges.

Do you plan to get ADSL in your new house. If so the Move my ADSL option may be used which means your contract continues without cancelling.
zpeterk
Grafter

broadband

If they want 99.95 to cancel , why not just keep paying till the 12 months is up then give notice. Does not this work out to less?
N/A

broadband

i dont actually remember when i got broadband to be honest.this is what i have on my transactions bit..

Value Balance Invoice Date Status Description

928125 £36.68 £0.00 04/09/2003 Fully Paid ADSL Initial Charge (including ADSL hardware Starter Pack) + P&P

1013315 £24.99 £0.00 11/10/2003 Fully Paid Account Billing (2003-10-11 to 2003-11-10)

so which is classed as 12 months the inital charge or the first months bill.

come to think of it whats that first bill for? im sure i was supposed to get free modem and connection etc
LiamM
Grafter

broadband

as you pay for a months connection at the beginning of the month, that would be your first months billing at £24.99, plus the P&P on the starter pack at £11.xx...
N/A

broadband

so that 30 summat quid is the first months connection fee and the P+p for the modem? so i could cancel my account on the 4/9/04?
LiamM
Grafter

broadband

I'm not sure if they take it as the Activation Date or the payment date for the 12 month contract...

It looks like you would have been enabled around 10/11th September...