cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband max - no sign of upgrade

N/A

I requested an upgrade to broadband max about a month ago and so far my connection has only got worse.
on all the speed tests I do I usually get a connection speed around 1.8 but in the last week it went down to around 400k.

I spoke to someone at customer service last weekend and was told that this should sort itself in a few days. I have just done a speed test and i amstill only getting 1.8m. can someone tell me what is happening as the origional email i received said it would take around 10 days or so to complete.

Thanks

Chris
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What speed is your router/modem syncing at? post your full line stats including SNR and line attenuation. Also post your data rate (see below) figure.

It takes 10 days for BT to test your line after being Max'd and during this time speeds can fluctuate and connections can drop. Only after about 12 or 13 days will PN receive a Delta report from BT stating what speed BT will allow on the line which then updates your 'high speed broadband' data rate - see connections settings on the left. Sometimes this delta report is not sent by BT or PN fails to act on it which can mean slower speeds that you should get.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

You are on MaxDSL, however looking at the history of speed changes 2Mb appears to be the highest your line can support. If you want to post your line stats from your modem/router this may help to see what is going on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Hi Chris,

This is the ADSL page from my router config hope this helps:

Showtime Firmware Version: 3.46
Line State: SHOWTIME
Modulation: G.dmt
Annex Mode: ANNEX_A
Startup Attempts: 1
Max Tx Power: -38 dBm/Hz
CO Vendor: TEXAS_INSTRUMENTS
Elaspsed Time: 0 days 0 hours 3 minutes 32 seconds

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 8.4 18.0 dB
Line Attenuation 55.9 31.5 dB
Errored Seconds 10 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 14 0
Data Rate 2240 448 kbps
Latency INTERLEAVED INTERLEAVED

Just looked on my account and it says my current connection speed is 1500k, this is rubbish and I'm starting to wish I hadn't asked for the broadband max upgrade!

Please help!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Data Rate 2240 448 kbps

This shows that you are only syncing with the exchange at 2240, as per the table at this page you are only going to see a 1500 profile unless you can get that sync rate higher. Have a check of this page and ensure that your internal setup is as good as it can be.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

You have similar line stats to me and I can't get above 2Mbs speeds.

Try connecting directly into the test socket on your master socket - it's behind the lower removable panel - and see if your line stats and sync improve. If they do then your internal wiring is affecting your speed.

If you are using an ADSL filter, try a different make, preferably one of the better ones costing more than a few pounds.

If you do get better stats in the test socket, look a removing your ring wire internally as this can help. See here and for UK wiring see here.

More details on investigating this kind of thing can be found here.