cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband fault progress

N/A

broadband fault progress

hi,

i recently raised a fault over the phone, erm it says intial tests were done and no faults found, and now theyve moved onto more detailed tests - im posting to find out what the process is, and is it likely my line will be repaired from the other end.
20 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

broadband fault progress

The best advice is to ask for the fault update on your fault ticket rather than in this forum.
Visit this link and click go next to Open Questions. You can then ask the faults guys for updates.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

broadband fault progress

hi,

thxs for the help, erm basically there was a fault with my line, the person helping me had reset my line (or something similar) and my line sync set back to 8meg.

My query is that my line has be resynced and it'll take roughly 3 days before i start getting 8meg speeds...what id like to know is that will i have to request interleaving to be turned off again or is this still disabled?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

broadband fault progress

I have tried making a change to your profile to remove interleaving. This may cause your connection to drop, if it does I would advise you to post in here or add a note onto the ticket asking for the profile to be changed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

broadband fault progress

erm not sure if you removed interleaving, but i can still sync \o/ erm my speed tests are err abit odd
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/1178286808595431365.html

mainly the upload, is this because my line has been reset and it'll take 3+ days before it is normal.

thx for the help
N/A

broadband fault progress

hmm my lines gone again...cant sync to router or modem ...sighs Sad
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

broadband fault progress

Hi,

I'd recommend just doing a double check of all the wiring and filters just in case something's amiss, this page is a useful read:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

and if not raise it via the fault checker under connection settings on the left and we can look into it for you.
N/A

broadband fault progress

theres nothing wrong with the wiring....we did all this b4 and the guy at plusnet resynced my line or something and it was working for like one day..and now its gone again, now i have to go through all the fault checking again and then when my line gets resynced i have to wait 3 additional days b4 my speeds are normal again and then approx another additional day b4 interleaving is turned off.

not impressed.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

broadband fault progress

I can see that you've now connected and the CSC have adjusted the line profile to switch interleaving off, how are the speeds?
N/A

broadband fault progress

well lets see, the guy on the phone was very help to a big thank you to him, he resynced me right away. He told me that id be synced at 2meg for 24hours and that if my line was stable id get the full 8meg.

At the moment im synced at 4096 kbps and upstream 448 kbps..my speed test shows:
down: 317.47 Kbps ( 0.3 Mbps )
up: 263.74 Kbps ( 0.3 Mbps )

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/11785501521442556098.html

*confused
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

broadband fault progress

That is strange, I can't see any obvious problems on your account and there's no reports of problems at your exchange. It seems rather low to just be down to being busy because of the bank holiday, but I wouldn't completely discount that, at least as a factor. I think the best thing to do is just to monitor it for a bit and see if it changes at all and if not raise it as a fault with Tiscali.
N/A

broadband fault progress

and still it continues, my speed tests are stil low, infact my sync is awful:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/117872010875364927134.html

sync: 6656 kbps / 128 kbps < im pretty sure i wont receive any compensation for this months awful connection rate.
N/A

broadband fault progress

You have my full sympathy and i understand exactly your problem!
Im 4 weeks into my problem been through 5 BT engineers and guess what....
Plusnet close the ticket and the fault still exists, they have no idea what BT have done or havent done and cant supply an engineers report. So what do they do when i have to open another ticket.... suggest you check your wiring and filters Evil

Oh nearly forgot compensation ? yep they neatly keep side stepping that issue as well.
N/A

broadband fault progress

lol, honestly this is the first time ive had issues with plusnet and the fact i heard the name tiscali mentioned...confused - from what i a recall my friends were with tiscali awful isp.

I think its time to move isp :?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

broadband fault progress

Can you post the line stats? This page shows how to get them on most routers/modems:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

With the sync speed that low it will probably exaplain the low download result because there isn't enough bandwidth for the ack packets. The line stats may show why the sync speed is low.