cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocked ports

N/A

blocked ports

can someone plz help,this problem is really getting to me now ,i am trying to figure out why all my ports are all stealthed ,(i tested through the shields up site)
i have a re-installed xp ,the windows firewall is disabled,the wireless router (linksys wrt54g)has a dmz set up for my lan address , i have also tried to forward different ports to my lan address through the router ,there is also no other firewall software running,i contacted plusnet who say they are not blocking any ports ,so why are all my ports stealthed,thanks in advance
shaun

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Topic moved to more suitable forum, as this does not require the attention of staff]
5 REPLIES
N/A

blocked ports

The wrt54g is a broadband router, and means that it doesn't have its own ADSL modem within it. So setting the DMZ in this alone is of little use, without knowing more about your setup.

What ADSL modem are you using, and have you set this so it forwards all connections to the wrt54g, that inturn can pass them to yoru computer.
N/A

blocked ports

hi there thanks for your reply ,sorry i did not say before i am using a net lynx modem/router which also has a dmz setup to my lan address this is then connected to my linksys wireless router.hope this help you,thanks
shaun
N/A

blocked ports

Right. So for clarification, pretend your computer is under the IP 192.168.1.5

Are you saying that your ADSL modem is set to have it's DMZ to that IP, as well as the Linksys? If so, that is where your problem is.

In your network, there are 5 IP addresses, lets define them here with examples.

Your computer has a single IP address, pretend this is 192.168.2.2

Your Linksys has 2 IP addresses. One s called a WAN and the other a LAN IP.

The LAN IP will be in the same range as the IP of your computer, so lets call it 192.168.2.1

The WAN IP will be in the same range of that your ADSL modem is, so lets call that 192.168.1.2 for now

Your ADSL modem also has two IP addresses.

The LAN IP as noted, is in the range of of the Linksys, so lets call it 192.168.1.1

The WAN IP is the one supplied by PlusNet.

Your ADSL modem does not have the ability to talk directly to yoru computer system. All requests need to be routed via your Linksys wireless router.

As such, you need to chain the IP addresses they go through.

This means that in your ADSL modem, you set the DMZ to the IP address of your router. In my example, this would be 192.168.1.2.

Then in the linksys, set the DMZ to be the IP address of your computer.
N/A

blocked ports

thx again for your advice ,,i changed the dmz of the modem to 192.168.0.1 which is the adress of the linksys ,then set the dmz of the linksys to 192.168.0.100 which is the adress of the computer i tested my ports again but still they are all stealthed ,thx again ,plz let me know if u need more on my set up
shaun
N/A

blocked ports

OK. To make things easier.

Please can I have the Internal IP for the modem, the WAN port IP for the linksys, the LAN port IP for the linksys and the IP for your computer.

SHould be able to give all the information from that.