Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bizarre connection.

karmi
Grafter

bizarre connection.

Hey,

I ordered Plusnet 2mb Premier on Wednesday night and was given 4th of August as an activation date which I thought was just fine. I had hardware from my previous DSL providier (UKOnline) (Just the Voyager 105 USB DSL Modem + Filters) and I plugged it all in awaiting my 2mbit with my stupidly low 40k dialup. When I got in yesterday (Saturday), I saw in my taskbar that both the lights were green and also the green light on my modem, meaning I was synched with the exchange so I tried to connect with my PN user+pass and just as I thought, wrong username and password on this domain error which was fine, maybe got my hopes up for nothing :lol: but whatever! I came on and read something about early activation, and to wait a few hours as my username and password may be activated early if I dial up and wait and try again, so I did and believe it or not BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem connected 2.2MB. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So I thought, wow- Plusnet are the future, 2 working days ? magic. I then tried to do the usual, sign into MSN, visit a website and nothing, no connectivity just uploading with no downloads which I thought was weird, so I right clicked the window to go to Status and saw my IP address and sort of thought hmm?

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8176/connection2xd.jpg

So im expecting it to do this up till my activation date but we'll see- But if its reading 2.2MB then surely I must of been plugged in at my exchange meaning I could of actually been on last night? Either way I thought id share and see if anyone could shed any light, im not bothered at all and am happy to wait but if i can get it :twisted: sooner :twisted: then why not!

-Daniel
1 REPLY
karmi
Grafter

bizarre connection.

Cool Good going PlusNet, I told them about it and was hooked up the next day with no fuss, pinging 20-25ms from Scotland, downloading at about 240 constantly and even had 200+ on BitTorrent.

So anyone else with this problem- it means you've been enabled and try the BT Speedtest by putting username: speedtest@speedtest_domain and password: testing and connecting rather then your Plusnet details as I found out mine was working beautifully at 1994kbits (stone throw from exchange). Once you've connected to the speedtest you can either phone up Plusnet or leave a ticket and they can activate you early.