cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

binatone !!!

vegasking
Dabbler

binatone !!!

I got my adsl connection thursday. I have now spent three days pulling my hair out as i cannot get my binatone adsl500 ( 3 lights) to perform . I am having similar problems to others who have posted before in that everything seems fine i.e power light on, adsl light on . I have completed all the settings in internet options but my machine just wants to connect to dial-up all the time when i run the diagnostic on my modem it keeps stating no ppp connection. I am running xp with serv pack 1 can anyone please help me...
4 REPLIES
N/A

binatone !!!

Tools - Internet Options - Connections,
tick the box 'never dial a connection' this should stop dial up.
Alec.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

binatone !!!

Hi,

Also, try deleting your temporary Internet files if it's having a problem with the configuration pages. It's possible they are being pulled from the cache rather than the modem and so aren't being saved when you update the login settings.
vegasking
Dabbler

binatone !!!

no tried the tempory internet remedy , no good the main thing seems to be my machine doesn't want to use this rubbish binatone modem for the internet, my settings are all set up correctly , only thing i can think of now is cancelling contract for deliverying me faulty useless pieces of kit
N/A

binatone !!!

If "never dial a connection" is ticked in connection options, windows should not bring up a dial up connection box. If it still does, you have some other Winsock control overiding the windows system.
No PPP layer error indicates that there is no connection and if the DSL sync light is on, is usually an indication that there is an error in the configuration of the modem (PPPoE instead of PPPoA, modulation type, username, password) stopping connection.
However, as this is a generic error for a "no connection", your filters/extensions/line could be at fault.
If you havn't already done so, read through this
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9996
and this
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9565