cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

big problem help plz (adsl and online game)

N/A

big problem help plz (adsl and online game)

right here goes.
just connected for the first time this weekend, and enjoying the great speeds for dl, however i have a major problem about when i play my online mmorpg that i have been subscribed to now for over a year (legend of mir), and the problem is this....

i find myself connecting no problems at all, and playing ok as well, but after about 5 mins i get a windows error ping in the background, and this locks me up or causes an imiadiate lag spike, which mostly 9/10 i have to log off the game and rc to the game.
now i have also tried an alt/tab to get back to desktop why game is running in background, but no were is there any window errors.

now ontop of this i have just noticed as well, while playing a demo of tiger woods golf, while still connected i got the same pinging noise in background, but this time it didnt effect my gameplay at all.

now my major problem is at the moment for my paying subscription online game,i can not because of this problem now play my mmorpg that i pay for.

i have a pci connaxant adsl modem ( no other probs at all dl at 55/60kbps this afternoon).

so please can somebody help me at all, iam desperate.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: big problem help plz (adsl and online game)

I hope that you signed up on a monthly contract, because the way the ADSL service is going, it'll soon be worse than useless to gamers. Last night I couldn't get a ping less than 100 for any game servers, packet loss over the plusnet network was around 20%. This seems to be standard fare of an evening, yet the service status page says all is tickety-boo. I don't think so.

N/A

They have got a system upgrade planned for Thursday.

I got connected yesterday and found loads of Quake3 servers with pings from 36 upwards !!

Bill
N/A

well guys i dont think its the servers with my problems, its just kiking off the adsl runner from my connaxant modem, even thow normal internet stuff is great with no probs at all.

my gut feeling is its this modem.but cant afford another yet Sad
N/A

> well guys i dont think its the servers with my problems, its just kiking off the adsl runner from my connaxant modem, even thow normal internet stuff is great with no probs at all.
>
> my gut feeling is its this modem.but cant afford another yet Sad

Have you looked for some driver or firmware updates, this may solve your problems ?

Bill
N/A

> well guys i dont think its the servers with my problems, its just kiking off the adsl runner from my connaxant modem, even thow normal internet stuff is great with no probs at all.
>
> my gut feeling is its this modem.but cant afford another yet Sad

Have you looked for some driver or firmware updates, this may solve your problems ?

Bill
N/A

has anybody got a place for new connaexant modem drivers.ive tried the ones from madhouse but no change.