cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bet nobody has had this problem

N/A

bet nobody has had this problem

ok
new user this friday just gone, had a few problems, getting the correct settings /drivers for my connaxant pci modem, but after some help on the phone from +net (very good btw) all was great and i was away, great speed, and dl's.now heres the great bit, or not so great for me now.

twice during the weekend i got kiked off the network (pc crash) and upon restaring pc i cfound i could not reconnact my adsl runner, therefore couldnt reconnect at all.but to my amazement i phoned +net and they said it was showing on there network that i was still connected, now like i said this happened twice, and both times they had to kik me off there network manually and said theyd look into it.
anyway now the big major problem, it happened again kiked off (pc crash, now sorted reinstalled Smiley), and following another phone call last night was advised to w8 untill this morning when all should be ok.
guess what i got up this morning and no luck whatsoever trying to reconect my adsl runner, therefore not able to connect to bb.
now i have tried absolutly everything anybody can think of, reinstalled modem twice, once in another pci slot, tried 3 drivers,tried 2 splitters.
now as i stand now i am back on 56k Sad and awaiting a bt egineer tomorrow,

now can anybody out there please explain to me how on earth has my adsl runner stopped connectong to network , when all settings are now identical to the ones i spent over 16hrs online with.

u know what its times like this when u get the old pc down garden /hammer feeling Cheesy.

so iu challange u all explain this Smiley
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: bet nobody has had this problem

Yep had that m8 try this
AccessRunner DSL control Panel

Press alt + c

Select line set up tab

Next to modulation select ansi T1.413.I2

wait a couple of sec

then change to dmlite automatic (can not rember exact term)

wait a couple of sec

Then back to modulation select ansi T1.413.I2

Had the same problem last week Plusnet could not help

Hope it works for

Best of luck

Coley
N/A

Im having this problem right now,
My router will connect if i leave it for a bit, but both the conexant A220 modem plusnet supplied and another i tried from a shop still refuse to connect.
I'll give that method you just mentioned a try and see what happens, if it works i'll let you know in a minute!
If not,i'll have to wait till i can get my router online again.
N/A

no such luck, conexant PCI still wouldnt connect, but the router connected within a few seconds.
/me is ringing Plusnet right now Smiley

N/A

> no such luck, conexant PCI still wouldnt connect, but the router connected within a few seconds.
> /me is ringing Plusnet right now Smiley
>
>

well guys i had bt engineer round today to confirm any problems,and he plugged a usb modem into my line and wooosh on in 3 secounds, then we installed the same usb modem on my pc and got on my +net account again very quick with no problems at all.

so back to the adsl runner of these conaxant modems, its obvious to me now that the pci ones are having major problems connecting with the adsl runner,therefore without that u are unable to go on by normal methods.

i have now as i speak packed this pci conexant modem up and its on its way back to ebuyer were i got it from.
i have however ordered a very good priced usb external modem freom ebuyer again for around £30.
only snag here is its again a conaxant modem.
but iam hopeful being usb external we may have better luck.

what i can tell u guys who are having problems with the pci modems, ive spent probably 80% of this entire weekend trying to sort this out, and from about 16 hrs connectivity with the pci modem it now refuses to connect my adsl runner.
so to be quite honest i cant be arsed anymore messing about.oh the main problems were a combination of drivers and settings.but the final straw was when i had got the exact settings on it that i had previously had 16hrs+ on with.
and like i said bt egineer got on with his usb modem no problems.
i just cannot be bothered messing about with it.