cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best modem/router for holding weak adsl sync ?

N/A

in the past i have had quite a few clients that have had trouble acheiving sync due to a "long line" with the standard type modems like the voyager 105. i have used with a lot of success the Dlink-300 modem router and the discontinued Alcatel Speedtouch (green ray). does anybody know of anything even better than these ?? cheers
2 REPLIES
N/A

Yep.
Wireless or cable?

I'm using a Zoom x4 ADSL cable router/modem, and it has a long (30ft) phone cable connecting to the phone line - from downstairs phone socket to upstairs computer. Works really well with 8Mb broadband, you can even reboot it with your browser! I hope this is what you mean!? Shocked

Note: There's probably a newer version out now (x5), check out MacWarehouse.co.uk for a long list of modems.
Community Veteran

I think the "Long Line" referes to the telephone line from the exchange to the house not the extension cable.

I found that a Dlink 504T could still sync on a customers line with a loss of over 60dB where the one that the BT man brought along when trying to improve the connection couldnt even see any ADSL signal Smiley