cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best MTU etc for 2mbit?

N/A

best MTU etc for 2mbit?

hi, ive read through the MTU sticky post above but cant make much sense of it...

seems most there are aimed at 512k

im looking for what is the best current settings for my plusnet 2mbit dsl

thx
6 REPLIES
N/A

best MTU etc for 2mbit?

i never changed mine and get good speeds and stuff..

max i get is about 240kbs
N/A

best MTU etc for 2mbit?

MTU tends to be the same for all speeds. Mine is set at 1478.
It is RWIN that changes in realtion to speed, and is a mulitple of MTU.
N/A

best MTU etc for 2mbit?

sweet 240kbs huh. I've just signed up for the 2mb plus.net service. Am coming from a bit of a pants 2mb datastream connection which never goes any higher than 210kbs. Although at the moment im lucky if I can get 190kbs with my present provider.

Can anyone with the 2mb connection tell me if your speeds are consistent?
N/A

best MTU etc for 2mbit?

grahamcarter:
The speed is not down to the ISP, it is down to BT and their network. So, do not be suprised of you get the same speeds. Check the status of your exchange, it may be over capacity
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
Contention can also play a part in variable speeds.

PlusNet can try and help sort out any speed issues with BT though.
madswitcher
Grafter

best MTU etc for 2mbit?

I have MTU set to 1478 and Rwin set to 63272 and get a fairly consistant 1.92Mbps which is almost the limit IIRC.

If you have a router in the path, don't forget to set that to the same MTU.

Cheers, Mike
N/A

best MTU etc for 2mbit?

Cheers fowks - my exchange was flagged as over capacity a couple of months ago, but BT promptly fixed that a month or so ago Smiley

I do however know that there is a deffinate speed difference irrespective of contention between datastream and ipstream products.

Before I ordered my product from plus.net I spoke to sales who informed me that current sign ups are still been allocated the business 20:1 as BT havent got the home 50:1 ready yet (was advised that users will be migrated to 50:1 when available)