cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

belkin modem and router problem

N/A

hi i got an belkin modem and router i did every think it said on the instructions,and it comes up as it is conected on the computer but the problem is that i cant go on the internet,i tryed every think,can somebody help me what i done wrong
i got an belkin adsl mondem and router wireless g router
thank u
carl
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It's difficult to say what the problem might be, looking at your connection logs I can see that you've been connected today was that with this router or do you have another modem as well? If you've been connected with another modem then that would likely rule out a line problem or something with your account.

Do you get any error messages at all? Is the problem just browsing? For example have you tried email or MSN or something else to see if they are affected?
weeble

Carl,

I too have an identical problem to the onethat you describe. I have a G+ wireless model(F5D7633-4A) but I am connected via Ethernet. Like you all of the lights are on except the internet one which stays red.

Did you resolve the problem and if so how?

Thanks

Ian
Community Veteran

Hi guys,

I run a Belkin f5d7633-UK4a G+ router and have had no problems at all.

Can you both tell me how you have the router currently configured (PM me a screenshot if you like)

One thing you can check for is if you have the connection type set to PPPoE instead of PPPoA as this is only required if you're using a ADSL2 connection (So I am led to believe!)

Also the current firmware version is F5D7633-4Av1_UK_1.00.11

Let me know if you need any help.

KR

Roger.
N/A

Obvious point perhaps, but have you put in your username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net and your current PN password?
Community Veteran

just bumping this one...

Was the problem resolved in this case?

would like to know Smiley

Roger.
N/A

I have just spent 4 days changing from a PCI Modem to a Router and sympathise. The help information available mostly assumes a PhD in networking or at least total fluency in its language.
I actually found (via Google, not the PN website) a PN instruction page for my Zyxel router which was the most helpful, and got me to the state where my router configurator said both LAN and WAN connections were working. But I still couldn't connect via browser or e-mail.

Eventually I found that you MUST set your internet options to "Never dial a connection" if you want to use the LAN to communicate to your router.

Then my browser worked but no Outlook Express. Eventually I realised from the error messages that my AVG e-mail scanner needed its properties changed to connect via LAN and not by my previous ADSL modem.

Hope this might help someone!

Roger
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

This was posted by Ian WIld, on the usergroup. May be of help

http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,4612.0.html
Community Veteran

/offtopic

ooh-er!

two Rogers in the forum.. I hope they don't think you are me and vice-versa, although I have been known to have a evil twin at times :twisted:

/ontopic