b/band

N/A

b/band

what is uncapped broadbandHuh
4 REPLIES
N/A

b/band

Now there is a question. :lol:

Some ISP's put a hard limit on the amount which you can download in a given period, ie; 30 GB per month. This is a cap.

Other ISP's, like Plus Net dont, in theory, limit what you download. This is uncapped.

There is however a sustainable limit to what you can download. The recent Bad boy pipe issue highlighted this.

Basically some users used their connection 24/7, downloading between 140GB and 600GB per month over a sustained period.

These users felt that this is what they were paying for and Plus Net pointed out that they were affecting the remainder of the user platform and the cost to provide this 'unlimited' service was not sustainable, therefore they were moved to a contended managed platform .

The upshot of this is that there is no cap at Plus net, but there is a sensible and acceptable usage level.

I have very much over simplified the issue here. But i hope you get the drift.

Regards

Mark
N/A

b/band

thought it was sometthing along these lines thanks for your help!
dragona
Grafter

b/band

well what are the acceptable limits for each line ...? like is there a limit for 512, 1 meg, 2 meg

you mentioned 140 gig i manage to get about 80 - 110 gig on a 1 meg line ... so if i had a 2 meg line and started running up 160 gig would that be frowned upon? or isnt that possible anymore?
N/A

b/band

Hi dragona,

This is a debate which has been continuing on these boards and on ADSL Guide for some weeks.

I wont get into this issue, I will however point you to the Plus Net Faq which, in my opinion, sets it out very well.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23157

Best regards

Mark