cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else got LOW speed connection today?

N/A

I have 8mb, had big teething probs with switch from my old 2mb. that was over 3 months ago, in which time I've had a consistant 5-6 mb speed.
last night, was usual, but, this afternoon, I'm at a cruddy 8-14kbs speed, why?
Is this happening to anyone else?
please do NOT ask me to ring PN, they are UTTER GARBAGE, and do NOT want to help, just keep you on phone for 2hours, which they did a while back.
very frustrated, ANYONE got these problems? what can I do?
40 REPLIES
N/A

My connection has been painfully slow and has been disconnecting a lot the last 48 hours. For a minute I thought I was back on 56k.
N/A

Yep, same here. Since moving from 2Mb to 8Mb the speed has gradually increased, with me getting anything between 2Mb to 4Mb, but today its at a max (according to tests) of 200kbps, although in practice I'm getting 3 - 30kbps whilst surfing... it's painful. Evil
N/A

Tell me bout it. 14kbs! was glad to have that...3 years ago upgrading from 56k that is :S But you want to know what's painful? Im sitting here waiting to get through to a PN living breathing humanoid. The MUSIC, now THAT's painful. Cry Just hope it doesn't take 1 hour 50 minutes like my last call.
N/A

So I am not alone!

I've been averaging at 300 kbps since last weekend.

No positive feedback from PN.

If anyone makes any progress please share it with us.

I'm off to make a cuppa while the next page loads.
N/A

Just got off phone from PN, apparently I have to do a BT speedtest. not amusingly, it doesn't seem to work for me. After following instructions repeatedly best I could, I just gave up.
I really get the feeling £20+ a month for 8mb connection alone, and absolutely NO realistic help whatsoever, I'm being chiseled.
Seeing as 3 other are getting the same connection story as me, I'm guessing it should be taken care of asap, as I would hazard more are getting the same problem. Now I'm off for tea Smiley
N/A

Ok, so I've done nothing but now my speed is back up to what I consider to be normal levels.... go figure. :roll:
N/A

Just lost connection again for a couple of mins... first time for about 30 hours.

I guess that means it's still not fixed
N/A

yep same hear speed gone down same time as urs just like last month lol ..
is broadband ever going to be good in the uk Huh?Huh
N/A

ahhhh, Got reasonable speed back, not the steady 5-6mb, but 3.5...will do fine.
N/A

Cheesy Hi all, my downloads speeds are totally diabolical, between 4kbps/22kbps, im on the 2MB speed which should be quite fastish. Please reply to my post "complaints about plussnet service action plan" as poor download speeds is included in the post, thx all Cheesy .
Community Veteran

Normally I get a consistent 5+ Mbps 'off peak' and around 4 Mbps during the evening. The last few days I've still been getting 5+ Mbps in the early morning (it's 07:30 now and I've just done a speed test at 5.7 Mbps), but during the evening my speeds have been falling to as low as 300 kbps.

It loos like there might be some sort of congestion problem somewhere. I've checked my local exchange but no problems are reported.

Bob
UberMensch
Grafter

Seeing as 3 other are getting the same connection story as me, I'm guessing it should be taken care of asap, as I would hazard more are getting the same problem.

Make that four others Cheesy

Now I'm off for tea Smiley

Good idea!
N/A

This morning, now I'm down again. A whopping 0.5mb :?
Better than 14kbs, but still rubbish.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

yep my speeds sine yesturday evening have been very poor. I usually get about 1.9Mbps on speed tests, but I am now getting around 700kbps. Last night I couldnt even get the speed tests to work!!! Looks like yet another problem with the LLU