cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody tell me why i now cant use ms msengr for file sharin

N/A

anybody tell me why i now cant use ms msengr for file sharin

hi all.

can anybody tell me why i now cant except files from anybody on microsoft messenger, i used to last week on my 56 k but now on my new adsl account i cant recieve files, i can send them however, and its drivingme mad i cant find any solution anywere, and i do use ms msger a lot for file sharing.
any help greatly apriciated.
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: anybody tell me why i now cant use ms msengr for file sh

> hi all.
>
> can anybody tell me why i now cant except files from anybody on microsoft messenger, i used to last week on my 56 k but now on my new adsl account i cant recieve files, i can send them however, and its drivingme mad i cant find any solution anywere, and i do use ms msger a lot for file sharing.
> any help greatly apriciated.

Are you using a router or a usb/pci modem?

N/A

> Are you using a router or a usb/pci modem?

yeah cliff, my first thought too, esp since i remember you can uPnP Smiley
N/A

> > Are you using a router or a usb/pci modem?
>
> yeah cliff, my first thought too, esp since i remember you can uPnP Smiley
>

is the person u downloadin from runnin windows xp, if so that particular person u tryin to recieve files from might have the firewall security turned on. This can be deactivated by goin to the advanced tab in the network connections.

cos if u can send then i dont see it been a fault on ur end...unless i over looked something
N/A

> > > Are you using a router or a usb/pci modem?
> >
> > yeah cliff, my first thought too, esp since i remember you can uPnP Smiley
> >
>
>
> is the person u downloadin from runnin windows xp, if so that particular person u tryin to recieve files from might have the firewall security turned on. This can be deactivated by goin to the advanced tab in the network connections.
>
> cos if u can send then i dont see it been a fault on ur end...unless i over looked something
>

right guys
forstly ive got a usb modem, and 2nd i aint asked if they got win xp but ill ask the folk who ive tried to get stuff off.

N/A

> > > > Are you using a router or a usb/pci modem?
> > >
> > > yeah cliff, my first thought too, esp since i remember you can uPnP Smiley
> > >
> >
> >
> > is the person u downloadin from runnin windows xp, if so that particular person u tryin to recieve files from might have the firewall security turned on. This can be deactivated by goin to the advanced tab in the network connections.
> >
> > cos if u can send then i dont see it been a fault on ur end...unless i over looked something
> >
>
>
>
>
> right guys
> forstly ive got a usb modem, and 2nd i aint asked if they got win xp but ill ask the folk who ive tried to get stuff off.
>
>

well weve just tried again and yep hes on xp but settings ok and ive sent him a file no prob but wont let me recieve
N/A

> > > > > Are you using a router or a usb/pci modem?
> > > >
> > > > yeah cliff, my first thought too, esp since i remember you can uPnP Smiley
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > is the person u downloadin from runnin windows xp, if so that particular person u tryin to recieve files from might have the firewall security turned on. This can be deactivated by goin to the advanced tab in the network connections.
> > >

I don't think i can be much help but i read a message about a month or so ago on this forum which explained... something to do with the way ADSL works and well its the same for me on all the messenger systems ICQ,Yahoo and MSN , file sends/receives just don't happen.

DOug
> > > cos if u can send then i dont see it been a fault on ur end...unless i over looked something
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > right guys
> > forstly ive got a usb modem, and 2nd i aint asked if they got win xp but ill ask the folk who ive tried to get stuff off.
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
> well weve just tried again and yep hes on xp but settings ok and ive sent him a file no prob but wont let me recieve
>

N/A

Are you on the low cost ADSL plan? (i.e. £19.99 pm) as this doesn't allow P2P so maybe it is also stopping your MSN transfers....

I'm on the full ADSL package and have no problems with swapping regardless of O/S or messenger version!

--
-------------------------------------------------
:p All life is a work in progress
it's the rate of progress that differs
N/A

well iam on full adsl, but still cant use msn msger,and its really annoying now

N/A

> Are you on the low cost ADSL plan? (i.e. £19.99 pm) as this doesn't allow P2P so maybe it is also stopping your MSN transfers....
>
> I'm on the full ADSL package and have no problems with swapping regardless of O/S or messenger version!
>
>
>
>
> --
> -------------------------------------------------
> :p All life is a work in progress
> it's the rate of progress that differs

@wildmind: are you using a router-modem or usb/pci modem? if router, what brand and model?

coz i have the same problem with the thread starter but its because my router apparently is noy uPnP compliant, ive upgraded the firmware and now im able to receive files thru messenger but i still cant send one, i cant have video conference and i cant have audio converstation

everything is fine with yahoo messenger, i can send/rcv files, can have video and voice chat

for the thread starter (sorry didnt got your name), are using a firewall or did u enable firewall of your windowsXP? how about the person you're getting it from, try to get files from other buddies that uses a diff OS to isolate where the problem is

hope this helps
>