cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any ideas

N/A

any ideas

Hi newbie here and still on dial up waiting activation for broadband. When i plug in a modem i have solid green lights but still cant connect. Wen i go on to order tracker it says waiting activation does this mean i am waiting on plusnet to do their bit

any help wold be appreciated thanks
23 REPLIES
N/A

any ideas

If you have tried to connect, the system should recognise this and activate your account.

The system is designed to wait until BTW tell PN that your line is active before starting the billing cycle (so you don't end up paying if there was some delay/issue with activating your line)

Often there is a bit of a lag between BTW (BT Wholesale) doing the work, and telling PN they have done it)

If your account still won't connect, you could try asking a question via the Help and Support pages (tab above, just under the pink banner) requesting that your account is activated, but as I say, this should happen automatically.
N/A

any ideas

Hi thanks for your reply it still says activating your line and my modem shows its activated

thanks again
N/A

any ideas

It depends on a few things...

BT may only have done the pyhysical work at the exchange - there is another process of actually assigning the circuit to PlusNet, which may take a while longer.

You could leave your modem/router reconnecting and it will hopefully start working in a few hours. Probly best to raise a ticket.
N/A

any ideas

hi modem has been synced for 3 days have opened a ticket and i have tried ringing lol they took me through the menues then hung up suppose its a waiting game thanks for the replies
gpsmout
Grafter

any ideas

Try this.......
But before you do are all you router / modem settings correct?

Login name username@plusdsl.net
Password ********
Authentication Method CHAP
Server type PPP
IP Address Server assigned
VCI 0
VPI 38

if that will not work try this...

Test your ADSL line using the BT test user account Broadband test

Here are the login settings to use for your router or modem to connect to the BT test domain.

User: bt_test@startup_domain

BT will ignore any password present in the password box, and therefore is not necessary to delete or modify these settings.

If you are unsuccessful connecting to BT test account and are sure your ADSL line has been activated and all hardware wiring is correct then contact your ISP to let them know.

If you connect successfully you can determine whether your computer software (e.g. Internet Explorer settings & firewall)and DNS are configured correctly by going to this URL: http://www.bt.net/digitaldemo/ If you can view this website then congratulations your software and hardware is configured correctly.
N/A

any ideas

Thanks for the reply plusnet have confirmed my broadband i active but still cannot connect have viewed the websire ok and i will try the bt site now once again thanks
N/A

any ideas

no that does not work i cannot connect to bt speedtest any other ideas hope this is not he shape of things to come Cry
N/A

any ideas

It seems as though BT haven't finished the work. Until then, there's not much you can do I'm afraid.
N/A

any ideas

why does my order say broadband is ready in the member centre i dont understand if bt hadnt finished plus net would not have activated my account
gpsmout
Grafter

any ideas

the line may be faulty; happens a lot. All sorts of factors can influence the actual transmiison of data down the line. Or the sockets at your end may ahave faults. I have had experience of upgrading sockets, removing the BT master one, and all the associated wiring, even though PN/BT say the line was active, until the remedial work was carried out, BB would not work. My advice, be patient and carry out any tests that PN and BT suggest , but most of all, be preapred to wait!! PN Are very good, given time, at getting BB to work in dificult situations
N/A

any ideas

Hi there,

Continuing this one on from the second thread here

Post up the ticket id and we'll see if Comms can take a look at this one for you. Smiley
N/A

any ideas

Hi ticket id is 20189888 thanks
N/A

any ideas

Hi there.

this has been raised to the Comms Team.

I hope it gets sorted soon.
N/A

any ideas

Hi still no update when i go into modem diagnostics everything passes xcept network