cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another speed question

N/A

another speed question

Hi
recently my download speeds have gone through the floor. My speed tests are showing that I'm compatible with dial-up (I'm achieving around 45kbps), when a month or so ago I was getting around 1500. I'm on up to 8Meg product.

I recently had Sky HD installed which is connected to the phone line, could this have had this affect?

TIA
9 REPLIES
N/A

another speed question

seems alot of us are having the problem with 8 meg, i wish i never got mines now !
chymorva
Grafter

Re: another speed question

...I recently had Sky HD installed which is connected to the phone line, could this have had this affect?

TIA

Most definitely yes ! All equipment which uses ordinary phone frequencies (phones, faxes, sky boxes, etc...) must be connected via a filter to avoid the exact problem that you described.
N/A

another speed question

thanks Phil, I would have thought that the Sky egineer would have fitted one. seems not. I'll get on to them straight away.
N/A

another speed question

seems alot of us are having the problem with 8 meg, i wish i never got mines now !

DITTO! :roll:
N/A

another speed question

I would have thought that the Sky egineer would have fitted one

I don't think their standard installation covers this - just buy a decent filter for a few quid, and shove the sky box in it.
N/A

another speed question

I don't think their standard installation covers this - just buy a decent filter for a few quid, and shove the sky box in it.

As a matter of interest, if both my phone and my sky box come off a splitter from the master socket, would one filter do for both?
That's to say there is a filter plugged into the master box, then a splitter plugged into the phone socket, going to the 2 devices.

I've been fine for a few years, but just wondering...
chymorva
Grafter

another speed question

Yes, that is fine.
Liam
Grafter

another speed question

Quite true.

I once had a multiroom installation and Sky came to do it but wouldn't install anything as I couldn't produce a microfilter.

He had to reschedule and come back another day when I had one.
N/A

another speed question

Hi

I have recently had Sky+ installed! I did put a Micro Filter on, but still I am getting real issues with my download speed! I have now raised my second call with PN (#20377944) and am awaiting reply! I am on 8Mb aswell!

This is really frustrating when you are used to decent speeds!

G