cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all residentail products max line speed upto 8 mb, wahey

Community Veteran

The following statement now appears at the bottom of the quick comparrison page: http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_home_features.shtml?link=resbb_viewfulllink

* With all residential broadband products you get the maximum speed that your telephone line can support, up to 8Mb.

I'm on 2mb connections so it could well read that my speed will be moved up the max it can support with a max possible 8mb line speed.

When does it start......

Alan
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The official BT release of >2Mbs broadband (called MaxDSL) is April 2006, however between now and April BT will be upgrading the number of exchanges that support 8MB and because PN are part of the BT trials, they can provision people on it as exchanges are enabled.

You will have to pay more for it if you are on premier or Plus.
Community Veteran

cheers,

plusnet say my line tests suggest i may only get 3mb speed so I think I'll hold out for adsl2. Other tests suggest either 5 or 8mb.

Glad I bought a router that suppors adsl2

Alan
N/A

cheers,

plusnet say my line tests suggest i may only get 3mb speed so I think I'll hold out for adsl2. Other tests suggest either 5 or 8mb.

Glad I bought a router that suppors adsl2

Alan

Why do we have to pay more? The thing about max dsl is that it connects you at whatever speed your capable of you are not actualy buying a specific speed, If that is the case then i will be leaving as soon as it is available and go to someone more reasonable..
N/A

The official BT release of >2Mbs broadband (called MaxDSL) is April 2006, however between now and April BT will be upgrading the number of exchanges that support 8MB and because PN are part of the BT trials, they can provision people on it as exchanges are enabled.

You will have to pay more for it if you are on premier or Plus.

Well in the newsletter I received yesterday, it says we'll be upgraded for free during the official rollout, and will receive up to 8Mbps for the same Premier price of £21.99.