cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice help needed im thinking of upgrading tonight

N/A

Broadband Plus vs Broadband PayG vs Broadband Premier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im on Broadband Lite pay as you go 1Mbit , id like to upgrade to 2Mbit are all the above "2Mbit" i see it says up to on it,
what are the main differences with broadband plus what happens if you go over your 1 GB limit do you just automatically get billed the extra gig or whatever ? how do i know if my exchange can take 2 Mbit i wouldnt like to get it then find i cant then get stuck with the same 1Mb

Thanks cc.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband Plus = Unlimited downloads.. p2p is throttled.

Broadband PayG = You pay for the Gb's you use.

Broadband Premier = Upto 2Mb for £21.99.. Unlimited.. 30:1 Contention (your con may slow down if the network gets extremely clogged up).. No trottling

I am on broadband premier 2Mb and always get top speeds.. Cheesy

If you dont download a lot using p2p then i suggest broadband plus.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php
N/A

Thanks louisbs..

with the plus is it unlimited as much gigabytes as you like or are you limited to say 2 gigabyte something like that,
is it 2 MB speed as well ? also is it only throttled at peak hours,

Regards CC Smiley
N/A

unlimited Gb's :twisted:
2Mb if your line can handle it and it is only throttled at busy times Cheesy
If you want to jump to 2Mb when you changed account rather than wait for the free upgrade then you may be charged £14.99.
N/A

Ok I just joined on a BB Plus package. Anyone know what average throttled speeds are? And experiences?
N/A

my regrade just happened now im on plus , 2 Mbit speeds most of time only went down to around 1.5 for a little while at peak hours, not sure exactly what they are though any 1 know 7-9 pm something like that ?
awesome speed .

CC Smiley