cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl in linux

N/A

adsl in linux

I just installed Mandrake v9.0 and it sees my modem but I'm unsure as to how to install it and configure it.

Are there step by step instructions anywhere?
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: adsl in linux

Forgot to say i'm using the PCI conextant modem as supplied by plus.net.
N/A

> Forgot to say i'm using the PCI conextant modem as supplied by plus.net.

Hi,

If you look at www.adslguide.org.uk, the three PCI conextant modems they have there don't have linux drivers available. What make is yours exactly? Of there list, only one has Linux software available.

Did you find out from PlusNet if this PCI modem had Linux drivers before you ordered it?

Best bet for Linux is to get a router rather than a modem.

N/A

> Forgot to say i'm using the PCI conextant modem as supplied by plus.net.

The Drivers:

www.themad-house.co.uk/Conexant/conexant-drivers.html

I have been trying to do the same thing in order to seperate my connection problems from the operating system (ME) From what I can see - and I have looked extensively on the web - the only distros that work with the available drivers are Redhat 6.1 & 7.1 I have downloaded and installed 7.1, built the new kernel from themad-house, installed all of the extra new rpms from themad-house - but still have not yet managed to connect. I think you need to be a Unix geek or have a week to spare!!! I will report back if and when I get the pci card to fire up from Linux.
Tony:-|
N/A

> I just installed Mandrake v9.0 and it sees my modem but I'm unsure as to how to install it and configure it.
>
> Are there step by step instructions anywhere?

Conexant are famous for making Linux incompatible modems. I spent a week trying to get my 56k to work, but failed! It's more fun to just hit your head against a brick wall, or even to buy a hardware modem (they don't require drivers), or a router.
N/A

I just installed Linux to see what it's like. I've only spent an hour or 2 playing with it and it seems pretty good, I didn't realise that there were no drivers for the modem I have. Oh well.. cheers for your replies.
jlpappin
Grafter

Try www.driverguide.com.

Username = drivers
Password = all