cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl died or?????

N/A

adsl died or?????

is it me or is anybody else having connection problems tonight it's just died on me had to use dailup to post this............... Sad
29 REPLIES
N/A

adsl died or?????

Hi,

No your noy the only one. I was playing mohaa and it just died on me. I have had to connect by modem as well (god how primative).

I hope this is not a long term problem.
Community Veteran

adsl died or?????

It's the weekend...

Networks don't usually work weekends...

It's bound to be a BT fault (whether it is or not)...

... could be Monday before it gets sorted?
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
N/A

adsl died or?????

yep i can't connect either

56k is soooooooooooo slow
N/A

adsl died or?????

Just got in from seeing the new Matrix movie and thought I'd connect to the net and see what the blo@dy story was all about...

Anyone fancy The Matrix website on a 33k modem....

Nooooooo?
N/A

adsl died or?????

lucky i got my adsl with AOL also with my other phone line.. sucks tho only 512k lol
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

adsl died or?????

Hi,

There's something wrong, Ian's put a service status update up. I'm not at work, so I can't give you any more information as to what the problem is, but looking at the utilisation graphs it does appear everyone was disconnected for some reason.
Community Veteran

adsl died or?????

Well... you managed the portal ;-p
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
N/A

adsl died or?????

You think you all got it bad? I'm posting this on *checks over shoulder* AOL dialup!

Hope it's fixed before Monday - I can't stand this slow thing!
N/A

adsl died or?????

I bet ya dont get credited for the days you lose... Quick to take the cash but not so fast as giving it back eh?
csogilvie
Grafter

adsl died or?????

I'd think the answer to that would be that ADSL is not a guaranteed 24*7 connection.
N/A

adsl died or?????

It's the weekend...

Networks don't usually work weekends...

It's bound to be a BT fault (whether it is or not)...

... could be Monday before it gets sorted?

PlusNet are usually pretty good fixing problems.
I would be surprised if this wasn't fixed by early this morning (seeing as it seems to be 00:00 now..).

Let us hope that I am correct Smiley [some of us - me - don't have an alternative unmetered ISP.... PlusNet 0845 dialup... the speed is intolerable Sad]
Ianwild
Grafter

adsl died or?????

Hi,

This of us at home are all on backup dialup...

Not sure what the problem is as the engineers are too busy fixing this to give us any info right now!

This looks like one of the most serious faults we have had for many yers but regardless of what was wrong it won't be something either our engineers or BT would not fix as quickly as they could. We have an engineeer working on this from home and others on their way into the offices in Sheffield and London....

Sorry for the inconvienience guys - We will add more comment once we know what is wrong!

Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N/A

Service Status

Sad Although Ians has indicated a problem with adsl - the traffic lights on service status which should now be showing red are missing!
kissack
Grafter

adsl died or?????

i suffered too (11.30), but am back up now (12.10)