cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation questions

N/A

activation questions

i raised a ticket i couple of days ago, and have got no answer yet so i thought id post on the forum aswell. ticket number : 14926257.

Hi, im just not quite sure how this is going to happen. Is my adsl activated the same day as the removal of my isdn?
Due to my exchange not being adsl enabled till the 15th, i would like to be surfing at adsl speeds before xmas, do you thing this is possible?

G Baines.
10 REPLIES
N/A

activation questions

Hi there,

IIRC your line cannot be checked for adsl compatibility untill the isdn component is removed.

Therefore the normal adsl activation can only commence once isdn is removed.

You will probably have to wait about 7 working days after your exchange is enabled and your isdn is removed before your ADSL is ready.

it really depends on how quickly BT remove this component.

have you been told when BT will remove the isdn?

Regards

Mark
holdtight
Grafter

activation questions

Your isdn will have to be removed before anything else can happen

as for your adsl if you already have an order placed with plusnet
to be processed as soon as your exchange becomes active and they
carry that out the same day then you may be lucky and be surfing by
xmas as the process is usually 5 - 7 days

what you need to do is get in touch with plusnet the day your exchange is activated just to remind them, if you do it through phone support you
wont be waiting for your ticket,
good luck
holdtight
Grafter

activation questions

Sorry Mark,
i was writing as you submitted

Mark said it all only better than i did Cheesy go with what he says
N/A

activation questions

No havent been told when my isdn will be removed. I wouldn't mind it being removed before my exchanged is enabled really.
N/A

activation questions

Hi,

The reason your ticket has not yet been replyed to is because our provisioning team (the team who deal with BT) do not work on weekends. The ticket is currently on hold untill your exchange is active this will be when we place the order, on a further note ISDN conversions and ADSL activation are done at the same time by the engineer that comes out to remove your ISDN.
N/A

activation questions

Thanks alot, that what i wanted to know cheers.

G Baines
N/A

activation questions

No problem we aim to please Smiley
N/A

activation questions

on a further note ISDN conversions and ADSL activation are done at the same time by the engineer that comes out to remove your ISDN.

Cool.

Good to know.

Mark
N/A

activation questions

Bear in mind you will have to choose which one of your ISDN numbers to keep.
Midville
Grafter

activation questions

I had my account up and running on the same day as BT removed my ISDN box - Friday 10 Dec 04 to be exact. I had put my order in the beginning of November so I am not sure if that helped or not.