cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access runner control panel not working

N/A

access runner control panel not working

Hi

My access runner control panel has never worked since setup, about month and half ago. while every thing seems to run ok, I do think it would be useful to have it working in case i need to change any settings.

on trying to run, popup "configuration of the dsl device is not possible because the hardware is not installed or the installation is corrupt"

i have tried many times unistall - reinstall to no avail, it is all connected up properly, tried latest drivers. USB starter pack on winXP pro.
any ideas anyone pleazzze?

cheers
doozer
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: access runner control panel not working

Okay, I had the same problem, this was a while back, so I'll do my best to remember.

Firstly, uninstall everything.

Reboot.

When you boot up, it'll detect the new hardware. Choose to install the drivers manually.

Find the directory where your driver is on cd, and select it.

WinXP, will keep asking for the same drivers, whatever you do, don't select 'cancel' or choose 'select driver from list'. Keep choosing the same driver from the directory on the CD no matter what.

It may seem to go on forever or repeat itself, but eventually WinXP pro will stop, and the driver will be installed perfectly. The connection panel will be a dial in one (don't worry!), put your username and password in, and you will be off and running!!

Hope it helps. Sorry I can't be more precise.

Keep me informed.

> Hi
>
> My access runner control panel has never worked since setup, about month and half ago. while every thing seems to run ok, I do think it would be useful to have it working in case i need to change any settings.
>
> on trying to run, popup "configuration of the dsl device is not possible because the hardware is not installed or the installation is corrupt"
>
> i have tried many times unistall - reinstall to no avail, it is all connected up properly, tried latest drivers. USB starter pack on winXP pro.
> any ideas anyone pleazzze?
>
> cheers
> doozer

N/A

Hi,

I would say that the drivers have not been installed correctly or if they were installed there was a corruption during the set up.

If you have already tried to reinstall the drivers and have not been sucessful in resolving the issue I would say that the CD Rom may be the reason for the error.

Take a look at the following link for the latest drivers that are available for the access runner if you need a new copy.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

Wheres the link?