cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZyXel ADSL modems

N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

Any one having problems connecting with the ZyXel modems now being issued to new customers. 2 today have had problems connecting where a replacement Speedtouch modem (not supplied by Plusnet) worked perfectly.

David
87 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ZyXel ADSL modems

Yes, been several reports on the modem not being able to sync on ADSLguide, yet other equipment can without problem. This problem is not just affecting PlusNet users, there are reports of exactly the same problem from users on other ISPs so it looks like that particular model is crap.

Sorry, should have included a link to the ADSLguide thread which is here.
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

Thanks for the reply; it is unfortunate that Plusnet don't appear to acknowledge this problem as there only solution was to send out another modem of the same type.

Also had the problem where the PN customer service advisor told the customer "he wasn't bothered about the problems she was having connecting".
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

My sister subscribed to PlusNet recently and was sent the Zyxel modem. She too has had terrible conection problems, often taking between 15 mins and 2 hours to get a connection. I borrowed a BT modem from a colleague at work, which she installed and has had perfect 2Mb connectivity since.

I would definitely agree that the hardware is rubbish and PlusNet should find a replacement for it quickly, otherwise they risk getting themselves a bad reputation unnecessarily.

Cheers
keithcalder
Grafter

ZyXel ADSL modems

My Brother had one delivered this week when he signed up, and I had a little difficulty getting it to sync on an extension but it did work fine when connected directly to the BT master socket.
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

Unfortunately it is not always possible to connect the broadband to the master socket in the house. This issue with the modems has been flagged up to Lee Strafford, MD Plusnet.
N/A

any advice to a complete novice, very welome...

I had a friend's friend help me set up broadband and thought that was it, but it disconnected for no apparent reason, so I'm glad I'm not the only one with modem problems. I know almost nothing about it all and tried calling plusnet to get some advice, I hung on the line for over 10mins on Saturday and then the line went dead!! I'm amazed I even found this bit of the site to be honest... any suggestions? I'm paying for broadband but am sorely tempted to stop my Direct Debit as it's dragging on and I'm slowly going mad....
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

I have sent a PM to you with a lot more details but 2 of my customers have returned the ZyXel modems and I obtained Speedtouch modems. Details of the source in PM as not sure whether you are allowed to advertise in this forum.

Other ISP's I have come across recently - BT Broadband. Tiscali, Wanadoo have been using BT modems or Speedtouch. Incidentally I can find no mention of the ZyXel modem on www.zyxel.co.uk and have requested more information from them.
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

I too have the Zyxel modem and experiencing connection problems.. Borrowed a Voyager Modem and everything works a treat (but I had to give the Voyager back to my friend Cry ) ...

Raised a ticket and my Zyxel modem is going to be replaced - with another Zyxel as they no longer have Voyagers instock.. Also added that I was a new user to PN and will be looking for a refund for the duration that I've had problems (2 weeks so far) - they agreed to review this once the problem had been resolved...

My only concern would be how many Zyxels I have to go through to get a working service!
N/A

ZyXEL Modem

So I'm not alone!!
Mine also seems to be reluctant to 'sync' but when it does it seems to hold on OK. Only wish it would do so repeatably and reliably. From the number of postings I've seen it seems the modem is not fit for purpose which begs the question 'Whats PlusNet going to do about them?'
Other users suffering the same problems should report them - only thing that business appears to notice is when the boot is put in big time.
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

I have faxed a letter on Mon 20th Feb to Lee Strafford MD Plusnet about the modem and other current issues with Plusnet. Have not received a reply yet. Surprised someone from Plusnet haven't commented on this forum.
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

I have faxed a letter on Mon 20th Feb to Lee Strafford MD Plusnet about the modem and other current issues with Plusnet. Have not received a reply yet. Surprised someone from Plusnet haven't commented on this forum.

Seems like a reasonable action to take. Perhaps you should post his fax number so that others like myself could do the same. You never know, with sufficient numbers we might get a result.
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

I am going to chase up my letter with Plusnet on Monday and will give them chance to reply first but take your point about publishing the number. I am setting up BT Broadband for someone on Tuesday so it will be interesting to see which modem they use. Incidentally, when you return a faulty modem, the return address is BT distribution centre.
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

Well PN shipped my second Zyxel modem and that didn't even sync up let alone get a connection.... Raised a ticket (18795242) again to get things sorted out... Time to scour Ebay for a Voyager modem me thinks....
N/A

ZyXel ADSL modems

Hi there,

This has also been raised through the UserGroup. If we get any information it will be passed on through this thread.