Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom USB modems

snapper_mart
Grafter

Zoom USB modems

Hi,
To anyone with a zoom modem, I have mailed zoom with the question below. It may help if you do the same Smiley The best of British to all !

>>>>Installing the Zoom drivers causes the Computer to be unable to 'shut down' Instead it reboots itself and the only way of powering down is by pressing the power switch at the right moment after reboot! The driver also causes teh system to display a 'Blue screen of death' on occassions. I thought this may have been something to do with my own system, but after reading the discussion forum at my ISP, it would appear to be a common fault on XP systems? Is there likely to be a specific XP driver released?<<<<
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Zoom USB modems

> Hi,
> To anyone with a zoom modem, I have mailed zoom with the question below. It may help if you do the same Smiley The best of British to all !
>
> >>>>Installing the Zoom drivers causes the Computer to be unable to 'shut down' Instead it reboots itself and the only way of powering down is by pressing the power switch at the right moment after reboot! The driver also causes teh system to display a 'Blue screen of death' on occassions. I thought this may have been something to do with my own system, but after reading the discussion forum at my ISP, it would appear to be a common fault on XP systems? Is there likely to be a specific XP driver released?<<<<don't know bout the modems but usually if xp crashes and its down to a fault in xp it will tell you so and advise you to tell bill gates about it,so i would think its the driver or modem itself.ps good luck

N/A

RE: Zoom USB modems

<<<<don't know bout the modems but usually if xp crashes and its down to a fault in xp it will tell you so and advise you to tell bill gates about it,so i would think its the driver or modem itself.ps good luck
>
>

I get the same thing using win98 SE (on 3 different PCs. So I don't think it's an XP problem.

I too have emailed zoom tech support in the vain hope of an answer.

I'm considering taking the modem back and getting a refund, nobody seems to have this problem with other modems.

Andy P